Galaxy S3 Settings and SIM lock problems

desdrl

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi' I'm having a few issues with my Galaxy S3, I was getting an error 923 when trying to download or update apps from Google Play, I searched and found a solution is to clear the cache from Google Play and reboot the phone.
When I go to the "app Info" in settings the data and cache sections both say "computing".
Then 1 or 2 things happen, 1: it will drop back to the home screen or 2: the phone will reboot.
I am unbale to update or download apps any longer on Google Play.

Other issue is I have a SIM Lock pin set, now when the phone reboots it is not showing the unlock sim screen and boots straight to the home screen and not connecting to my mobile providers network.
I have to go into settings remove the SIM Lock Pin and then the phone will connect to the network and then set the pin again.
any one have any ideas other than nuking my phone with a factory reset.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
For the first problem, you can also clear the entire storage partition within your settings. Go to your storage info and tap on "cached data" and it will ask if you want to clear it. Select yes, and it'll wipe all of it (including Google Play)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

desdrl

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
For the first problem, you can also clear the entire storage partition within your settings. Go to your storage info and tap on "cached data" and it will ask if you want to clear it. Select yes, and it'll wipe all of it (including Google Play)

Thanks UJ95x, I'm asuming that is Settings----Storage? if so it is showing:
Total Space---25.49GA
Applications---Calculating
Pictures, videos --- Calculating
Audio-----Calculating
Downloads-----Calculating
Miscellaneous files-----Calcutating
Available-----12.66GB
It just stays like that then after about 10-15mins "Unfortunatly settings has stoped"

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks UJ95x, I'm asuming that is Settings----Storage? if so it is showing:
Total Space---25.49GA
Applications---Calculating
Pictures, videos --- Calculating
Audio-----Calculating
Downloads-----Calculating
Miscellaneous files-----Calcutating
Available-----12.66GB
It just stays like that then after about 10-15mins "Unfortunatly settings has stoped"

In that case. Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode (press home + volume up + power for a few seconds). Once you see the blue text in the left hand corner let it. From there scroll to "Wipe cache partition." Use volume up and down to scroll and power button to select the option.