My new Nexus 7 won't download any apps!

StickyLabel7

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I got my shiny new Nexus 7 three days ago and connected it to my gmail account. Then I tried searching the play store and it doesn't seem to be working properly - apps like iPlayer and Evernote are 'not compatible with my device' and when I search for other apps I don't get the proper, basic ones like camera, only independently made ones that are less popular. When I try to download these I get an error message - Error while retrieving information from server (RPC:S-7 EOS:AEC-O). So I tried looking for solutions on the internet - sync it, remove Google account and put it back on, I've even tried setting up an entirely new email, but nothing has worked. I've noticed my device has a permanent sync error but nothing has remedied that. This is all terribly annoying as a device is pretty useless without apps, although I managed to download Facebook right when I got the tablet. The internet works fine, and my Wi-Fi is strong. I don't have a credit card so haven't attached one to the play store - it's the free apps that are giving me grief. Sorry about the long post - I'm a total noob to anything beyond a crappy Samsung slide-up so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you buy your N7 from a retail store or directly from Google, or from a reseller or eBay? If you bought it from Google or an actual retail store, you always have the option of returning or exchanging it. Also, are you in the US or another country?

If you haven't already done so, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

StickyLabel7

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK. Unfortunately I won it so there's no reciept with which to return it. I've tried wiping the cache - so I guess it must be inherently faulty which is a bit annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting Google Play Services, then Manage Data, and then Clear Data. You'll probably have to sign back in.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!