Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Bricked Galaxy S3 SCH-i535... Really Bricked This Time

I have been messing around with with a Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 running 4.3 Jelly Bean. I bought the phone outright on eBay last week and it came with 4.3. I been trying to get cyanogenmod installed however, with the permanently locked bootloader I have not been able to get past the "Verizon detected non authorized software" on boot.

Rooting the device was not a problem and I've gotten pretty comfortable with using odin to reflash the rom to stock. I had EZ-Unlock so I loaded that up to see what the it said about the status of the bootloader and it said that I was unlocked already. So I did something against my better judgment and tried to lock the bootloader with the intent to return everything to stock.

On reboot the device shutdown with no responce. After removing the battery for about 10 minutes I replaced the battery and tryed to power on the S3. Nothing, no response, no blue LED, no vibrating, nothing. When I plug the S3 into my computer via USB cable my device manager sees an unknown device.

Did I completely kill my device?

Thank you for any help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Bricked Galaxy S3 SCH-i535... Really Bricked This Time

I just found this.
    [GUIDE] Debrick your bricked SCH-I535! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK] - xda-developers

It looks like what I did is called a "hard brick". Do you think this fix will help me out?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The instructions in the link did in fact work.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmutiny View Post
    I just found this.
    [GUIDE] Debrick your bricked SCH-I535! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK] - xda-developers

It looks like what I did is called a "hard brick". Do you think this fix will help me out?

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

To confirm, you are back up and running?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here