Samsung Galaxy S2 19100 Update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2

sarahkent90

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have just started using my Galaxy S2 19100 again - i bought it 4 years ago. I tried downloading an app, whatsapp, and it told me it wasn't compatible with my version of android. So I performed all the updates, and now am running on the new 4.1.2 version.
When I go to download more apps, or try to run app updates, it is still telling me "your device isn't compatible with this version". Also, I know my other apps have not been updated in over 2 years so I tried updating those as well. Not only can I not find how to update these, when I visit the play store, it's telling me the same prompt "your device isn't compatible with this version"

Any ideas what I can do?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have just started using my Galaxy S2 19100 again - i bought it 4 years ago. I tried downloading an app, whatsapp, and it told me it wasn't compatible with my version of android. So I performed all the updates, and now am running on the new 4.1.2 version.
When I go to download more apps, or try to run app updates, it is still telling me "your device isn't compatible with this version". Also, I know my other apps have not been updated in over 2 years so I tried updating those as well. Not only can I not find how to update these, when I visit the play store, it's telling me the same prompt "your device isn't compatible with this version"

Any ideas what I can do?

Well, as you have been updated to the 4.1.2 Jellybean your system should have started working fine I think the problem you are facing now is because of having the older version of Google play store, Check you device is having Google play services installed or not if not then I would recommend you to install the same, go to the application manager and search for the Google Play services I am sure you will not find it as you've said that you have switched your phone after two long years !! :)