Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default deleted_wake_locks problem

Hello guys,

I'm new here and I'm new for android and smartphones in general.
    I bought me s4 mini few months ago and now few days ago it started suffering of major battery drainage. I downloaded betterbatterystats and wakelock detector and I could see that "suspend_backoff" was keeping my phone awake all the time, but I couldn't pinpoint which was the problem causing app so I decided to reset the phone.
    I did that yesterday and now I've been watching the info from those aforementioned apps and I noticed "deleted_wake_locks" is very high on the list.
    I'm not sure but maybe the reason for this is because I had most of my apps on a sd card before resetting the phone, now I unmounted and removed it and I'll observe if my phone goes to deepsleep.

Do you think by formatting my sd card it will solve the deleted_wake_locks drainage?

One peculiar fact: betterbatterystats gives 0 seconds to "deleted_wake_locks" while wakelock detector gives it 5 minutes.

Global Posts
    30,614 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: deleted_wake_locks problem

Quote Originally Posted by bomboclaan View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm new here and I'm new for android and smartphones in general.
    I bought me s4 mini few months ago and now few days ago it started suffering of major battery drainage. I downloaded betterbatterystats and wakelock detector and I could see that "suspend_backoff" was keeping my phone awake all the time, but I couldn't pinpoint which was the problem causing app so I decided to reset the phone.
    I did that yesterday and now I've been watching the info from those aforementioned apps and I noticed "deleted_wake_locks" is very high on the list.
    I'm not sure but maybe the reason for this is because I had most of my apps on a sd card before resetting the phone, now I unmounted and removed it and I'll observe if my phone goes to deepsleep.

Do you think by formatting my sd card it will solve the deleted_wake_locks drainage?

One peculiar fact: betterbatterystats gives 0 seconds to "deleted_wake_locks" while wakelock detector gives it 5 minutes.
    Wakelocks can be a pain to track. I would suggest going without the SD card for a few days to see if that helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Also "suspend_backoff" rose its ugly head again, it has kept my phone awake for the last 1h.

Is there anyone who know what I should do with this problem?

Global Posts
    30,614 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Have you tried clearing the system cache in recovery?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app