Wrong apps in 'open using' box

api7342

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
When I download a pdf file and tap it in the notification pull-down, the 'open using' box opens. However, the only two options are to use Nova Launcher or some other random program that has nothing to do with opening documents of any kind. More importantly, I have Quickoffice, Acrobat Reader, OfficeSuite, and Polaris installed, yet none of these apps are given as options to open the pdf. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? I've done a few hours of research without any progress.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
When I download a pdf file and tap it in the notification pull-down, the 'open using' box opens. However, the only two options are to use Nova Launcher or some other random program that has nothing to do with opening documents of any kind. More importantly, I have Quickoffice, Acrobat Reader, OfficeSuite, and Polaris installed, yet none of these apps are given as options to open the pdf. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? I've done a few hours of research without any progress.

Well, I think if the file type is pdf you will be prompt to ask for opening it with the polaris or any other of these application ??? well, I would say why don't you try opening it through polaris, you need to open the polaris and then by using the browser navigate yourself to the appropriate pdf file you need to open. Same can be done with the other apps i.e. Quickoffice, Acrobat Reader, OfficeSuite.

api7342

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am doing that method now, where I download a file, then go open a viewer app and search for the file.
It should not have to be done that way, though. I should be able to open a pdf file directly.

api7342

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am not given the option to open pdf files using the appropriate apps. I can only choose from two apps, neither of which can actually view documents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781