Several questions about the Android OS from a newbie here

RichJoker

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm a new Android user. Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand on February.
I've got several questions I want to ask about the Android OS :
1. How do I lock my device properly? By using the settings, I can only see the lock screen when I press the lock button to turn on the screen. Also, can I only lock picked apps? Only important ones like contact and messages.
I saw that my friend's device has several locks. A PIN lock during when pressing the lock button, face lock in messages and contacts, and pattern lock in apps. He uses Samsung Galaxy Core.
2. Is it true that you can refund items bought from Google Play Store? What are the requirements to refund them? Must I email Google for that?
3. How do I restore IAPs?
4. Say, I bought an IAP for a game. (Ex : Full Game version). Then I bought another Android device. Can I play the full game on the 2 devices? If I restore the app on my new device, will the one in my old device unusable?

That's all. I'm sorry if those questions were asked many times before. Thanks in advance guys.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm a new Android user. Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand on February.
I've got several questions I want to ask about the Android OS :
1. How do I lock my device properly? By using the settings, I can only see the lock screen when I press the lock button to turn on the screen. Also, can I only lock picked apps? Only important ones like contact and messages.
I saw that my friend's device has several locks. A PIN lock during when pressing the lock button, face lock in messages and contacts, and pattern lock in apps. He uses Samsung Galaxy Core.
2. Is it true that you can refund items bought from Google Play Store? What are the requirements to refund them? Must I email Google for that?
3. How do I restore IAPs?
4. Say, I bought an IAP for a game. (Ex : Full Game version). Then I bought another Android device. Can I play the full game on the 2 devices? If I restore the app on my new device, will the one in my old device unusable?

That's all. I'm sorry if those questions were asked many times before. Thanks in advance guys.

Welcome to the forums.
1. Yes, you can choose a lock from Settings>Security. You can use an app like AppLock in Play to lock out certain aspects of your device. You would have to ask your friend how he set up his device for the multiple locks. (My guess is different lock apps.)
2. Not much experience here. My guess would be yes. Probably 14 to 30 days from date of purchase for physical itmes. 15 minutes for app purchases. Music is final upon purchase completion.
3. In App Purchases? Most of the time they are saved on the server of your game, as long as you create an account/link an account. Redownload, log back in and they should restore. If you would like to know before purchasing, I would email the developer.
4. If you bought the app on Play, it follows the gmail account. You won't have to repurchase the app as long as you use that gmail. Both apps should be usable on both devices.

RichJoker

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
@Golfdriver97 : I see. Thank you for your response.
Another question. I bought a flip case, but not made by Samsung. I don't think it has a sensor. Can I lock the screen by closing the case?

Last but not least, what's the most reliable way to backup and/or moving data from an old device to a new device?

Thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
@Golfdriver97 : I see. Thank you for your response.
Another question. I bought a flip case, but not made by Samsung. I don't think it has a sensor. Can I lock the screen by closing the case?

Last but not least, what's the most reliable way to backup and/or moving data from an old device to a new device?

Thanks in advance.

Never dealt with flip cases before. Sorry.

As for transferring data, what exactly did you have in mind?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

RichJoker

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Never dealt with flip cases before. Sorry.

As for transferring data, what exactly did you have in mind?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Well, I'm thinking about a reliable way to backup my data from my current device (like iCloud). So that I can restore it when I change devices.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm thinking about a reliable way to backup my data from my current device (like iCloud). So that I can restore it when I change devices.

Google already does that, or part of the data anyway. Under Settings>Back up and Reset, are options to have Google back up various data, from some apps (I believe they are in the process of having as much app data as can be backed up). Just make sure in settings, that they are checked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis