"Snooping" in phone

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So a buddy of mine who know I have been a big Android vs iOS supporter came to me with a problem I didn't have an answer too....so I turn to the experts for help.

He has a crazy wife...its partially his fault though. Long and short, she doesn't trust him and has called him out on things I don't know if he is doing or not, and its not my place or the point of the post to go into it. She is claiming to him that she hired a private investigator service made of retired FBI agents. She is claiming that she paid them to do a search on the phone number and data through their FBI contacts. His questions are as follows:

Is this possible to do with just the phone number, or is she just blowing smoke up his @$$?
If this is possible, what kinda data can be located...ie downloaded apps, keylogging, ect?
Finally, is this even legal without a warrant?

He says thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Some very good questions.

First I would say the legality of this is questionable. If the FBI employees did it, they have no probable cause (4th Amendment, if I recall)
As for them obtaining data like that, probably. Carriers and Google have to release information to Federal Authorities/attorneys upon request.

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Additional thought I had....why would the phone # matter? Wouldn't it be all tied to the ESN and not the # itself?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX