- 120 Posts
- CM7 Nightly20120226
"Snooping" in phone
So a buddy of mine who know I have been a big Android vs iOS supporter came to me with a problem I didn't have an answer too....so I turn to the experts for help.
He has a crazy wife...its partially his fault though. Long and short, she doesn't trust him and has called him out on things I don't know if he is doing or not, and its not my place or the point of the post to go into it. She is claiming to him that she hired a private investigator service made of retired FBI agents. She is claiming that she paid them to do a search on the phone number and data through their FBI contacts. His questions are as follows:
Is this possible to do with just the phone number, or is she just blowing smoke up his @$$?
If this is possible, what kinda data can be located...ie downloaded apps, keylogging, ect?
Finally, is this even legal without a warrant?
He says thanks in advance!
- 05-02-2014, 10:45 AM #2
Re: "Snooping" in phone
Some very good questions.
First I would say the legality of this is questionable. If the FBI employees did it, they have no probable cause (4th Amendment, if I recall)
As for them obtaining data like that, probably. Carriers and Google have to release information to Federal Authorities/attorneys upon request.
- By Marc Wilson 57 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 21Last Post: Yesterday, 12:17 AM
- By johnnex72 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:06 AM
- By dpham00 in forum T-MobileReplies: 46Last Post: 05-07-2014, 11:08 PM
- By pantlesspenguin in forum LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 05-02-2014, 04:32 PM
- By Gordie Howe in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2014, 08:12 AM