Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Default "Snooping" in phone

So a buddy of mine who know I have been a big Android vs iOS supporter came to me with a problem I didn't have an answer too....so I turn to the experts for help.

He has a crazy wife...its partially his fault though. Long and short, she doesn't trust him and has called him out on things I don't know if he is doing or not, and its not my place or the point of the post to go into it. She is claiming to him that she hired a private investigator service made of retired FBI agents. She is claiming that she paid them to do a search on the phone number and data through their FBI contacts. His questions are as follows:

Is this possible to do with just the phone number, or is she just blowing smoke up his @$$?
    If this is possible, what kinda data can be located...ie downloaded apps, keylogging, ect?
    Finally, is this even legal without a warrant?

He says thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    21,629 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: "Snooping" in phone

Some very good questions.

First I would say the legality of this is questionable. If the FBI employees did it, they have no probable cause (4th Amendment, if I recall)
    As for them obtaining data like that, probably. Carriers and Google have to release information to Federal Authorities/attorneys upon request.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Default Re: "Snooping" in phone

Additional thought I had....why would the phone # matter? Wouldn't it be all tied to the ESN and not the # itself?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk