eriktuz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Necessary Files
/ / Odin v3.07.zip;
/ / GT-i9500 fix_imei_null.zip;

sqm.png

- Open Odin
- Extract the. ZIP file, place the file in PDA [the phone has to be switched to Download Mode]
- Press START
- End! : -))

That's it, simple steps to retrieve the IMEI of S4, damaged by trying to change the imei with another model.

Note;If after these steps the imei still null/null then the problem is hardware,this tested on 2 phones with imei null,after write this file the imei back to original

<link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
you can use this method too
, remove battery from the phone and DO NOT PUT BACK IN for the remainder of these instructions
2, underneath the battery on the phone is the imei# and serial#
3, you need the serial# and leave the battery out for this task
4, now start Kies that is on your P.C and make sure you have a internet connection
5, from the menu bar go to Tools and select firmware upgrade and initialization
6, enter the model GT-I9300 (make sure its CAPITALS GT-I)
7, enter serial# (CAPITALS again)
8, press OK to initalize (dont worry you should not have a battery in )
9, this will now give you the string = Initialised version PDA:*** / PHONE:*** / CSC:*** (***) this is what we want to see

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
1 = Nothing will happen to your phone, after you have put in the data from under the battery Kies will access the Samsung data base and retrieve the informatioin of the initialised version of your phone. We need this information to guide you in the right direction and a screenshot is best way.

2 + 3 = Once you have completed the required information in post #2 we can tell you what to do next

4 = As you have tested other sims in your phone we can assume it is unlocked

5 = Kies 3 will work, it does not need the phone for the required info.

6 = You will also need Kies 3 to upgrade to latest version

geniustein

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
1 = Nothing will happen to your phone, after you have put in the data from under the battery Kies will access the Samsung data base and retrieve the informatioin of the initialised version of your phone. We need this information to guide you in the right direction and a screenshot is best way.

2 + 3 = Once you have completed the required information in post #2 we can tell you what to do next

4 = As you have tested other sims in your phone we can assume it is unlocked

5 = Kies 3 will work, it does not need the phone for the required info.

6 = You will also need Kies 3 to upgrade to latest version

Brother, thanks for your help. I have performed 2+3 steps. Kindly tell me what to do next.

Sma Kan

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I was able to add Serial number successfully. Once I click ok after entering serial number it gives a pop up message "The model information that you have entered cannot be verified; the device initialisation cannot be proceed". Although I have make sure my internet is working and also no battery. I have also tried this without connecting device to PC and also by connecting via cable without batter, still no luck. Any clues? By the way I am on mac and using kids 3.1.0.15042_6

Additional details of my S4:
model gt-i9500 (ja3gxx)
board universal5410
bootloader i9500xxufne7
build KOT49H.i9500XXUFNE7
KERNAL 3.4.5-699287
I9500XXUFNE7/I9500OJVFNF1/I9500XXUFNC1/I9500XXUFNE7

Colin Berg

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Using Kies worked great, thanks.
After entering the serial number etc it asks to plug the phone and Volume down/Home boot it. Then it totally re-flashed the phone and restored the IMEI.
A small bonus it bumped my S3 up to version 4.4.4 (4.3 was as far as the updates got before)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay