Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Repair IMEI "NULL/NULL"

Necessary Files
    / / Odin v3.07.zip;
    / / GT-i9500 fix_imei_null.zip;

- Open Odin
    - Extract the. ZIP file, place the file in PDA [the phone has to be switched to Download Mode]
    - Press START
    - End! : -))

That's it, simple steps to retrieve the IMEI of S4, damaged by trying to change the imei with another model.

Note;If after these steps the imei still null/null then the problem is hardware,this tested on 2 phones with imei null,after write this file the imei back to original

<link removed>

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07-31-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Repair IMEI "NULL/NULL"

you can use this method too
    , remove battery from the phone and DO NOT PUT BACK IN for the remainder of these instructions
    2, underneath the battery on the phone is the imei# and serial#
    3, you need the serial# and leave the battery out for this task
    4, now start Kies that is on your P.C and make sure you have a internet connection
    5, from the menu bar go to Tools and select firmware upgrade and initialization
    6, enter the model GT-I9300 (make sure its CAPITALS GT-I)
    7, enter serial# (CAPITALS again)
    8, press OK to initalize (dont worry you should not have a battery in )
    9, this will now give you the string = Initialised version PDA:*** / PHONE:*** / CSC:*** (***) this is what we want to see
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

you tested this my friend

1 = Nothing will happen to your phone, after you have put in the data from under the battery Kies will access the Samsung data base and retrieve the informatioin of the initialised version of your phone. We need this information to guide you in the right direction and a screenshot is best way.

2 + 3 = Once you have completed the required information in post #2 we can tell you what to do next

4 = As you have tested other sims in your phone we can assume it is unlocked

5 = Kies 3 will work, it does not need the phone for the required info.

6 = You will also need Kies 3 to upgrade to latest version
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mobilecrackers View Post
    1 = Nothing will happen to your phone, after you have put in the data from under the battery Kies will access the Samsung data base and retrieve the informatioin of the initialised version of your phone. We need this information to guide you in the right direction and a screenshot is best way.

2 + 3 = Once you have completed the required information in post #2 we can tell you what to do next

4 = As you have tested other sims in your phone we can assume it is unlocked

5 = Kies 3 will work, it does not need the phone for the required info.

6 = You will also need Kies 3 to upgrade to latest version
    Brother, thanks for your help. I have performed 2+3 steps. Kindly tell me what to do next.