Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default looking for stock rom

    i want to put the stock rom jelly bean 4.3 back on my galaxy s4 i546. Where can i find it? everywhere ive looked is either a virus or wants paid for it. Surely there is o e somewhere that i dont have to buy.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: looking for stock rom

    Quote Originally Posted by melissa_69 View Post
    i want to put the stock rom jelly bean 4.3 back on my galaxy s4 i546. Where can i find it? everywhere ive looked is either a virus or wants paid for it. Surely there is o e somewhere that i dont have to buy.
    are you going to downgrade from 4.4.2 , well you cannot do that once s4 is upgraded you cannot downgraded
    4.4.2 comes with boot loader lock which prevents you from downgrading
    if you downgrade the EFS folder will damage
    Do you have any problems with you phone?
    Last edited by mobilecrackers; 05-05-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  3. #3  

    Default Re: looking for stock rom

    I have not upgraded. I want to upgrade to the new version but since my phone is rooted the ota update fails. I thought if i put it all back orgional the ota update would work. Or is there another way to update.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: looking for stock rom

    Kies may not work due to root. So it's better to flash with odin.

    Ready to help you
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  5. #5  

    Default Re: looking for stock rom

    ive downloaded odin but never used b4. do i download jellybean somewhere or what.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: looking for stock rom

    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa L S View Post
    I have not upgraded. I want to upgrade to the new version but since my phone is rooted the ota update fails. I thought if i put it all back orgional the ota update would work. Or is there another way to update.
    No need to go back, just download the latest firmware and flash with odin. also flashing will remove the root

    Ready to help you
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  7. #7  

    Default Re: looking for stock rom

    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa L S View Post
    ive downloaded odin but never used b4. do i download jellybean somewhere or what.
    download the latest jellybean firmware then flash it with odin. flashing will remove all the data

    Ready to help you
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

Similar Threads

  1. Soak test for Droid Maxx
    By vegasdroid in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:46 AM
  2. Looking to buy the Kindle Fire HD
    By Rik Boone in forum Amazon Kindle Fire HD
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions