Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GS4 4.3 ROOT help?

I am trying to root my brother's s4, I did it before with mine, but it was before the 4.3 update. I think it is KNOX that is making it hard. I rooted mine last year no problem just doing the tar/md5 dump bootloader with ODIN 3.7 but all of these new 4.3 methods are confusing and use the ADB and emulators and whatnot. and motochopper never works so forget that simple bs.
    It would probably be easier if I downgrade back to 4.2 but i dont know how to do that.
    SO, anyone who has rooted with 4.3 please help.

model: SGH-I337

Default Re: GS4 4.3 ROOT help?

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerVadge907 View Post
    I am trying to root my brother's s4, I did it before with mine, but it was before the 4.3 update. I think it is KNOX that is making it hard. I rooted mine last year no problem just doing the tar/md5 dump bootloader with ODIN 3.7 but all of these new 4.3 methods are confusing and use the ADB and emulators and whatnot. and motochopper never works so forget that simple bs.
    It would probably be easier if I downgrade back to 4.2 but i dont know how to do that.
    SO, anyone who has rooted with 4.3 please help.

model: SGH-I337
    you cannot downgrade due to bootloader lock, it will prevent you from downgrading
    also if you try to downgrade it will damage the EFS folder
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

cant i just wipe the system and download the 4.2 firmware and use that? bootloader lock? never heard of it it

you can't do that. bootloader lock is an powerful security systems you can't bypass it, still developers are search a way to bypass it

Ready to help you
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer