Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts, Calendar, and such don't show up on my Phone (no option to sync)

Contacts, Calendar, and such don't show up on my Phone (no option to sync)-snc00223.jpg

This is a picture of my Gmail account on my phone. It doesn't show me anything about contacts, mail, calendar etc.

I made an account on my wife's phone and everything shows up. I made an account for my wife on my phone and it shows no syncs available. So I know it's not an account problem, rather a software problem?

Any ideas?

Below is a picture I downloaded online and it shows all the options:
    Contacts, Calendar, and such don't show up on my Phone (no option to sync)-download.jpg

Android 4.2.2
    Generic china phone (so is Wife's)

Default Re: Contacts, Calendar, and such don't show up on my Phone (no option to sync)

Welcome to Android Central! Considering you have a generic phone direct from China, I wonder if it might have some baked-in regional coding that blocks various Google services. Even though your wife also has a generic phone, it would be difficult to know if hers is identical to yours, because they're generic. Maybe hers doesn't have that regional coding.

What happens if you remove your Google account and then add it back again?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Contacts, Calendar, and such don't show up on my Phone (no option to sync)

Yes, I've tried removing my account and adding it. I've even flashed a new rom into it with the same version (4.2.2) and it was still the same(except for the screen was upside down)

If the phone has a regional coding, could it be the hardware doing that? Can it be fixed?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I it has regional coding, why do I get google/gmail at all?