- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
Problem accessing SD card memory and disappearing Apps
Hi I'm using a Gemini Devices Gem1031BK 16GB tablet running Android 4.1.1 and Nova Launcher. I have 2 main problems.
Problem 1, if I move my photos to the SD card I can no longer view them on the tablet. It is as though they no longer exist, but the tablet will run Apps stored on card.
Problem 2. I keep getting "App Not Installed" messages although the icon is still present on the desktop. This happens with various apps, Candy Crush Saga, BBC iPlayer, BBC Media Player etc. The only thing I can do then is reload the app from the Play Store.
Any clues on how I can solve these problems would be very welcome.
- 05-07-2014, 12:38 PM #2
Re: Problem accessing SD card memory and disappearing Apps
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen with any SD card that you use? If so, then it's probably an issue with the device's firmware. External SD card support is actually not natively supported on Android--manufacturers have to tweak the code to allow a device to use an external SD. Even major manufacturers like Samsung have problems with SD support (see the many threads in these forums about them), so I wouldn't be surprised if an off-brand device has problems as well.
Have you contacted your device manufacturer's support? Gemini Devices - Support
- By SpaceMuffin1337 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2014, 11:18 PM
- By dougltc in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2014, 10:04 PM
- By bbmjack in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2014, 11:29 AM
- By mkcapture in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2014, 11:21 AM
- By D-CELL in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2014, 11:16 AM