[Solved] Softbricked Samsung Galaxy S3

sk3j

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S3. I just tried to root it because I wanted to put Cyanogenmod on it. I used odin 3.09 and flashed CF autoroot and philz touch recovery, because cwm wasn't working for some reason. when I went into recovery mode so I could flash cyanogen, I (stupidly) forgot to make a system image backup before I wiped everything. I selected the factory reset, clear space to flash rom, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache options. I think my problem is that I no longer have any sort of rom on my phone now, which is why my phone hangs on the samsung galaxy s3 logo. However, everytime I tried to flash with philz touch I got an error, and nothing would happen. so I've been trying odin and now I get this errorwhen I try to flash the stock rom that I downloaded from here.

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T999UVUENC2_T999TMBENC2_T999UVUENC2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

this is what I got from odin 3.04. I've tried all of the odin versions provided here

on download mode on my phone, it reads:

Code:
odin mode
product name: sgh-t999L
custom binary download: yes(3 counts)
current binary: custom
system status: custom
qualcomm secureboot: enable
warranty bit: 1
bootloader rp swrev: 1
secure check fail: sbl2
secure check fail: sbl2

I just want to revert back to stock and be done with it, as this is the absolute worst time for me to be stuck without a phone lol
thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Softbricked Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi,

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S3. I just tried to root it because I wanted to put Cyanogenmod on it. I used odin 3.09 and flashed CF autoroot and philz touch recovery, because cwm wasn't working for some reason. when I went into recovery mode so I could flash cyanogen, I (stupidly) forgot to make a system image backup before I wiped everything. I selected the factory reset, clear space to flash rom, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache options. I think my problem is that I no longer have any sort of rom on my phone now, which is why my phone hangs on the samsung galaxy s3 logo. However, everytime I tried to flash with philz touch I got an error, and nothing would happen. so I've been trying odin and now I get this errorwhen I try to flash the stock rom that I downloaded from here.

Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T999UVUENC2_T999TMBENC2_T999UVUENC2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..

this is what I got from odin 3.04. I've tried all of the odin versions provided here

I just want to revert back to stock and be done with it, as this is the absolute worst time for me to be stuck without a phone lol
thanks in advance.

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
try 2-3 times
do not use a usb hub

philz touch will be different for firmware version
post a screenshot of the problem
if you need any help with firmware on sammobile, just ask me i am moderator there

sk3j

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.09
Extract Odin zip-file
Open Odin v3.09
Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
try 2-3 times
do not use a usb hub

philz touch will be different for firmware version
post a screenshot of the problem
if you need any help with firmware on sammobile, just ask me i am moderator there

thanks for your response.
i tried it five more times, and no luck. i have my phone plugged directly into the only usb port that will read it, no hub.
i don't know what else you need a screenshot of other than odin, but here's that.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

thanks for your response.
i tried it five more times, and no luck. i have my phone plugged directly into the only usb port that will read it, no hub.
i don't know what else you need a screenshot of other than odin, but here's that.

Don't try NC2. Try UVDMD5 instead if you had 4.2.1 before CM. If you had accepted Stock 4.3 update UVUEMJC then flash that with Odin Instead.

sk3j

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Don't try NC2. Try UVDMD5 instead if you had 4.2.1 before CM. If you had accepted Stock 4.3 update UVUEMJC then flash that with Odin Instead.

I had accepted stock 4.3, so i tried flashing uvuemjc and now odin gives me this error.

Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T999UVUEMJC_T999TMBEMJC_T999UVUEMJC_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003> 

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I had accepted stock 4.3, so i tried flashing uvuemjc and now odin gives me this error.

Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T999UVUEMJC_T999TMBEMJC_T999UVUEMJC_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003> 

you need a pit file
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1277874&d=1345737671 t999 32 gb
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1269079&d=1345346221 16gb
tick the re-partion, auto reboot, f reset time

sk3j

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

i tried it with the 16 gb pit file, which is how big my phone's internal storage is, and this happened almost immediately. and on the download mode screen on my phone, it says at the bottom of the corner text "SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT"
i tried it a second time and i got this, which happened a lot more slowly.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

i tried it with the 16 gb pit file, which is how big my phone's internal storage is, and this happened almost immediately. and on the download mode screen on my phone, it says at the bottom of the corner text "SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT"
i tried it a second time and i got this, which happened a lot more slowly.

you need to flash pit file and the firmware together
not just the pit file alone

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

reinstall the samsung usb drivers from pc, then restart system, then follow the procedures
Try again with odin 3.04, 3.06, 3.09
Ready to help you

sk3j

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

i'm using my sister's computer, because mine won't install the drivers properly. i'm still getting the same errors. but, i found this website here and am wondering if i've been using the right firmware, because my phone is a t999L, and not just a t999. or does that not even make a difference?

thanks so much for being patient with me by the way.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

they have so much difference, T999 and T 999l are using different network. the xda link you provided, that will help you, download the T999l firmware and pitfile from that link and flash it with odin

Ready to help you

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

where did you brought the phone, did you unlock it. you are using T999l which use lte network but you are using T-Mobile

Ready to help you

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

download the firmware from the xda link you provided, use the NC1 firmware. Do downgrade use 4.3 version .flash it with the pit file if it doesn't work then flash it without pitfile. If none of the procedures helped you go into the recovery menu if you can get into recovery menu then clear cache and data then root your phone with cf-root. Then install a custom rom.
Ready to help you

sk3j

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

they worked! i flashed the t999L pit file found here alongside the twrp recovery rom found here, then flashed the pit along side the UVUBMK4 link found here, all on odin 3.07 and now it's working again. i was trying to load all incompatible roms, apparently, not realizing there's a significant difference between the t999 and the t999L models.

thanks so much for your help.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

they worked! i flashed the t999L pit file found here alongside the twrp recovery rom found here, then flashed the pit along side the UVUBMK4 link found here, all on odin 3.07 and now it's working again. i was trying to load all incompatible roms, apparently, not realizing there's a significant difference between the t999 and the t999L models.

thanks so much for your help.

Need any more help just ask us

armalili

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Hello SK3j i am having the same issue and for the past 2 days i was trying to fix this phone.I already download the files you explain.Could you please explain the step more clearly to do the process with odin.Thanks

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Hello SK3j i am having the same issue and for the past 2 days i was trying to fix this phone.I already download the files you explain.Could you please explain the step more clearly to do the process with odin.Thanks

This tutorial will help you
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html
Do.not use usb hub
Try different version of odin if it fails
Do.not downgrade

Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer