Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    so i have factory reseted my phone twice and used wakelock and i cant find a solution. looked through forums and found possible answers but all failed. i press the lock button on the right side then after about two seconds it turns right back on. when it sleeps again it turns right back on .. i have not found a solution to it. i have the 4.3 jellybean on it. the only solution that sometimes works is a lock screen app that i downloaded from the play store. but it really sucks when i get a message the screen turns on right then after it goes off then turns right back on .. so if i miss any notification it drains my battery because my phone wont stay off. any suggestions would really help right about now
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Garcia View Post
    so i have factory reseted my phone twice and used wakelock and i cant find a solution. looked through forums and found possible answers but all failed. i press the lock button on the right side then after about two seconds it turns right back on. when it sleeps again it turns right back on .. i have not found a solution to it. i have the 4.3 jellybean on it. the only solution that sometimes works is a lock screen app that i downloaded from the play store. but it really sucks when i get a message the screen turns on right then after it goes off then turns right back on .. so if i miss any notification it drains my battery because my phone wont stay off. any suggestions would really help right about now
    Go to recovery then clear cache.
    if the problem is not fixed then update your phone vie kies if you are using Samsung
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    Quote Originally Posted by mobilecrackers View Post
    Go to recovery then clear cache.
    if the problem is not fixed then update your phone vie kies if you are using Samsung
    ok now trying that
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    Quote Originally Posted by mobilecrackers View Post
    Go to recovery then clear cache.
    if the problem is not fixed then update your phone vie kies if you are using Samsung
    it didnt work :/ it said that it was already up to date. thanks though
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    Then clear cache and data from recovery
    Clearing data will remove all the app's and game's in your phone.
    To make.a backup you can use helium app from market

    Ready to help you
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    Quote Originally Posted by mobilecrackers View Post
    Then clear cache and data from recovery
    Clearing data will remove all the app's and game's in your phone.
    To make.a backup you can use helium app from market

    Ready to help you
    Doing that now.. im thinking i should just take it to a repair place.. :/
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    Just did it and it didnt work.. It turned on again right after i pressed the lock button ... the thing that works is the screen lock app. but sometimes i need to push it several times because it comes on again
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Note 2 Keeps Turning On after Lock Button is Pushed

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Garcia View Post
    Just did it and it didnt work.. It turned on again right after i pressed the lock button ... the thing that works is the screen lock app. but sometimes i need to push it several times because it comes on again
    This might be a bug
    reinstall your firmware by odin
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

Similar Threads

  1. Htc One Notes And Htc Scribble ..
    By zacksparrow in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 02:14 PM
  2. charging a xperia z1 on 4.4.2
    By obby2431 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 09:36 PM
  3. Gear and Note 3?
    By ShaggyKids in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 09:11 AM
  4. Cannot Activate Tethering on S4
    By cberry30 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 04:10 PM
  5. photos on gear 2 neo
    By smaika in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Posting Permissions