- 3 Posts
Why does the details from file explorer and settings>storage doesn't match?
Can someone explain why? Here's an image.
imgur: the simple image sharer
Before, it was 1GB on Settings>Storage when I only have around 100MB of pictures. I always delete them when I finish uploading them. Is that the cause?
- 05-12-2014, 03:00 AM #2
Re: Why does the details from file explorer and settings>storage doesn't match?
Welcome to Android Central! Keep in mind that in the Settings>Storage menu, the "Pictures, videos" category will include all images and videos anywhere in your storage (including images associated with other apps), while the file explorer is simply looking at the isolated Pictures folder. So there are presumably 44 MB of other various images and/or videos elsewhere in your storage--most of which you probably didn't take, because they are images that came with certain apps. Some of that is probably also due to thumbnail images, which are not stored in the Pictures folder, and which can add up.
- By kimmandy36 in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 10-01-2015, 07:16 AM
- By left4dead in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 11-14-2014, 04:40 PM
- By ng41 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 06-03-2014, 12:03 PM
- By Rob James3532 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM
- By D13H4RD2L1V3 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:59 AM