- 1 Posts
USB no longer recognized on S4 after flashing custom ROM
So I just flashed a custom ROM for my first time to my Samsung S4(SPH-L720). Unfortunately I have everything working except my PC will not see my phone anymore. The phone says connected as a MTP device but I cannot see it in my computer to transfer files back and forth.
ROM- Google play edition for sph-l720
*Reinstalled drivers and kies to no avail.
- 05-12-2014, 08:19 PM #2
Re: USB no longer recognized on S4 after flashing custom ROM
By default, CM has "USB Debugging" disabled, and it's apparently required to access the whole storage area through MTP
One thing to check is Device Manager on your PC. When it is in MTP mode, note how the device displays. Switch to PTP and see what happens in Device Manager. This will indicate whether or not the driver for PTP mode is properly installed or not. You may have to manually install or update your driver from Device Manager to get your PC to see the device.
- By Richard Shields1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 2Last Post: 06-15-2014, 08:08 PM
- By 1812dave in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:26 PM
- By Dimebolt in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:26 PM
- By charkswitlazers in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 04:40 PM
- By Theo Bushnell in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 03:33 PM