Galaxy S3 Jellybean 4.3 - Any updates?

OBF

May 22, 2014
Visit site
So it's been a couple of months now since Samsung released Jellybean 4.3 for the Galaxy S III. The main issues from that update were the extreme battery drain and ridiculously slow charging. I fixed the second problem since it was my charger that made the phone charge so slow but I know that Jellybean 4.3 drains the battery extremely faster than Jellybean 4.1.2. With 4.1.2 my phone could last up to a day even with normal use. With 4.3 it would be dead in a couple of hours, even on standby. I've searched all over the web and have tried different solutions such as disabling master sync on the stock email app, disabled bloatware, turned off stuff I never use, etc. but that only helped out a little bit. With that said, has anyone figured out a solution on how to save battery life or at least make it last as long as Jellybean 4.1.2? I already tried factory reset, didn't do anything at all.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
So it's been a couple of months now since Samsung released Jellybean 4.3 for the Galaxy S3. The main issues from that update were the extreme battery drain and ridiculously slow charging. I fixed the second problem since it was my charger that made the phone charge so slow but I know that Jellybean 4.3 drains the battery extremely faster than Jellybean 4.1.2. With 4.1.2 my phone could last up to a day even with normal use. With 4.3 it would be dead in a couple of hours, even on standby. I've searched all over the web and have tried different solutions such as disabling master sync on the stock email app, disabled bloatware, turned off stuff I never use, etc. but that only helped out a little bit. With that said, has anyone figured out a solution on how to save battery life or at least make it last as long as Jellybean 4.1.2? I already tried factory reset, didn't do anything at all.

maybe you need a clean install? like wipe cache in recovery then reinstall the software via kies then wipe cache in recovery again to fix all the kinks or maybe you need a new battery? the Galaxy S3 was going to get 4.4 Kitkat but they dropped it because of ram issues try the following do a clean install then wipe the cache in recovery by pressing vol+ home button and power button when the phone is off then reinstall software via kies then wipe cache again then disable bloat ware then set your phone up then wipe cache again and you should be good to go :) if this don't work maybe its the battery maybe you can upload your stats so we can help as much as we can if you need further assistance then please ask :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781