Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't Power Up After Allowing 4.2 Update?

I'm super worried right now. I have a semi-rooted Galaxy S3 (I tried to root it but even the apps installed by KingRoot said my phone wasn't rooted... I also occasionally get a notification that says "unauthorized access to a secure area has been blocked." I also tried to factory reset in an attempt to un-root, but nothing happened... any help with this as well would be fantastic.)

Anyway, I tried to update to 4.2 (I'm on Sprint) and now my phone won't turn on.

So yeah.

help?

Default Re: Can't Power Up After Allowing 4.2 Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg Faulkenberry View Post
    I'm super worried right now. I have a semi-rooted Galaxy S3 (I tried to root it but even the apps installed by KingRoot said my phone wasn't rooted... I also occasionally get a notification that says "unauthorized access to a secure area has been blocked." I also tried to factory reset in an attempt to un-root, but nothing happened... any help with this as well would be fantastic.)

Anyway, I tried to update to 4.2 (I'm on Sprint) and now my phone won't turn on.

So yeah.

help?
    hey meg have you tried connecting the phone to kies to see if it reconises it? and have you tried reinstalling the software via kies?