Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to register phone's core apps to my new google account

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Note 3,

I wanted to change my gmail account of my phone, in order to do that I did a factory reset to start over. I was all cool until I wanted to update the apps, but Play Store "My Apps" page is blank taking forever to load.

My theory is, core apps lock themselves to first google account entered to the phone, and doesn't do that again no matter how much you reset the phone.

Any solutions?.

Default Re: How to register phone's core apps to my new google account

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelp10 View Post
    Hello,

I'm having an issue with Note 3,

I wanted to change my gmail account of my phone, in order to do that I did a factory reset to start over. I was all cool until I wanted to update the apps, but Play Store "My Apps" page is blank taking forever to load.

My theory is, core apps lock themselves to first google account entered to the phone, and doesn't do that again no matter how much you reset the phone.

Any solutions?.
    hey it don't matter what email address you have with your phone wether its a new account or old have you tried installing this with wifi? if you have done this by cellular then check your coverage
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I did it on cellular but coverage was good, so I don't think that is the problem

What problem is, there were two blank google accounts(Which means both never used before on phones), I used incorrect one when setting phone up, so apps registered themselves to that account, when I factory resetted to fix it, they won't show up on my new account.

Is Framework wipe what I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelp10 View Post
    Yes I did it on cellular but coverage was good, so I don't think that is the problem

What problem is, there were two blank google accounts(Which means both never used before on phones), I used incorrect one when setting phone up, so apps registered themselves to that account, when I factory resetted to fix it, they won't show up on my new account.

Is Framework wipe what I need?
    i would just reinstall software via kies

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

The issue may also have been Google Services Framework was trying to update at the same time as you were looking at it. Do you see any notification about an app needing that?

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here