Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Word Lens not compatible with my tablet or phone

I have an ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 tablet and an LG Optimus Dynamic II phone. Both use Android 4.1.2 and are listed as compatible with Google Play. However when I try to download the new Google Word Lens I get a message saying that this app is not compatible with either device. No other explanation. Very frustrating since I will be traveling abroad in a few days and would dearly love to have this app. I don't know why it is showing as incompatible.
    I read that Google recently purchased Quest Visual, the maker of this app, and plans to integrate it into Google Translate. I have Google translate and it doesn't do a wonderful job of translating street signs, etc, as I've heard that Word Lens does.
    I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem and has a fix for it. Neither my tablet or phone is rooted and I would prefer not to root it. Does anyone know the timetable for Google's integration of Word Lens into Translate?
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Default Re: Word Lens not compatible with my tablet or phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running on 4.1.2 and I'm able to download Word Lens. Not rooted.