DEMO appeared in center of screen!!! Help!!!

wendy82298

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Help, my son was using Skype on his tablet and suddenly the word DEMO appeared in the center of the screen. How can I get rid of it and be able to use tablet normally??? :confused:

Thank you in advance for your time

Wendy82298

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of tablet? Did you buy it brand new, used, refurbished, or possibly a floor model? Does the word Demo go away after exiting Skype, or does it stay on screen even when you go back to the homescreen?

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
re:

Help, my son was using Skype on his tablet and suddenly the word DEMO appeared in the center of the screen. How can I get rid of it and be able to use tablet normally??? :confused:

Thank you in advance for your time

Wendy82298

On some devices there is a demo mode to show in shops just go in the settings and make sure it's not activated...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
re:

Thank you...I looked in "Settings" and couldn't find anywhere to check for Demo mode. What do I look under in settings?

It should literally just say 'demo mode' or 'shop mode' if you can't find it in the settings then refer to the devices instruction manual....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wendy82298

May 30, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hello...sorry it has taken me so long to reply, just now seeing your post. The tablet was a gift, from my brother in law...I believe he purchased it on Ebay, and the only thing it says on the box is Android. Model # SoftwinerEvb, no other info. The word DEMO stays on the screen at all times. This is the second tablet...same kind that has given my son some kind of problem...first one will not charge. My daughter was also given the same kind of tablet for Christmas and hasn't had any issues what so ever. My son is getting a little discouraged! Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Wendy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Try doing a factory data reset, if you haven't already done so. Go to Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset. It'll wipe the tablet, but maybe it'll get rid of that message.

This isn't all that surprising, considering it's an off-brand tablet purchased through eBay. It likely was some kind of floor model. Hopefully, the reset will make it act normally.

Essam Zafar

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hi .. I'm facing the same problem with my android tablet. It's a Gen-X brand, I tried the going back to the factory setting option you mentioned in the previous post but that hasn't worked at all. The red-lettered Demo is still there on the screen. Any other way to sort this out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21