My android phone keeps restarting at least twice a day. Today it restarted and turned on in the safe mode, all the apps shortcuts on the screen were gone. So i restarted my phone again and it is in the normal mode again but still there is no shortcuts of the apps i installed on the device. I can launch the apps from setting and they are working well. How can i restore o create shortcuts on the screen.
Besides its about 6 months that I'm using android and it's really driving me crazy. I've flashed my phone twice and I've lost all the apps i had each time what can i do? Help please.
Posted via Android Central App
- 06-01-2014, 01:50 AM #2If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
- 06-01-2014, 02:00 AM #5If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
- 06-01-2014, 02:09 AM #7
- 06-01-2014, 02:10 AM #8
- 06-01-2014, 05:48 PM #11
- 06-01-2014, 05:50 PM #12
- 06-02-2014, 11:08 PM #14
It can be hard to pinpoint why a device is randomly rebooting like yours. A few things to try:
- Try a new battery. A failing battery can cause issues like this, and it doesn't really matter how new it is--batteries can be defective. A quick and dirty way to check is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it may be worth trying a new battery.
- If you have an external SD card installed, unmount it (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then reboot. A corrupt SD card can cause various glitches.
- Make sure your Android version is completely up to date. Go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates, and tap Check for Updates.
As DroidArmy suggested, Nova Launcher is worth trying, because it allows you to backup your homescreen setup. Nova is an alternative launcher, so if the stock Huawei launcher (i.e., the app that shows you the homescreens) is glitching, then maybe Nova might help avoid those glitches. I can't remember if you have to use the paid version of Nova in order to backup your homescreens.
- 06-02-2014, 11:13 PM #15
- 06-02-2014, 11:14 PM #16
- By raincoathaveli in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 06-01-2014, 10:19 PM
- By Amanda Mercurio in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
- By waxfetish in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:41 PM
- By jgordon00 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:15 PM
- By Tim Cahill1 in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2014, 07:04 PM