Shima Tabesh

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
My android phone keeps restarting at least twice a day. Today it restarted and turned on in the safe mode, all the apps shortcuts on the screen were gone. So i restarted my phone again and it is in the normal mode again but still there is no shortcuts of the apps i installed on the device. I can launch the apps from setting and they are working well. How can i restore o create shortcuts on the screen.
Besides its about 6 months that I'm using android and it's really driving me crazy. I've flashed my phone twice and I've lost all the apps i had each time what can i do? Help please.

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My android phone keeps restarting at least twice a day. Today it restarted and turned on in the safe mode, all the apps shortcuts on the screen were gone. So i restarted my phone again and it is in the normal mode again but still there is no shortcuts of the apps i installed on the device. I can launch the apps from setting and they are working well. How can i restore o create shortcuts on the screen.
Besides its about 6 months that I'm using android and it's really driving me crazy. I've flashed my phone twice and I've lost all the apps i had each time what can i do? Help please.

Are the apps you're having problems with stored on the sd card or on the device? A lot of times apps stored on the sd card get messed up. Have you tried a battery pull? You remove the battery for 10 seconds and then restart the phone.

Shima Tabesh

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for taking time. they are installed on the internal storage. I'll try pulling out the battery and then report ;-)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Still the same :'(

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help to you. You may want to post this issue in your phone's forum. I don't know what phone you are using, but posting this under the forum dedicated to your particular device will most certainly get you more help. Good luck!

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

If Android is driving you crazy, it might be a good time to explore some other options. Please, don't use something you don't like. Feel free to explore other options like iOS or Windows Phone. You might just like them better

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How can i bring back my shortcuts? I had avira anti-virus before but it was no good.

Welcome to Android Central! You probably just have to place the shortcuts back on the homescreen manually. You can still do that, right? You have to open the App Drawer (the list of all of your installed apps), long-press the app for which you want to create a shortcut, and then drag it to a homescreen. But I can see how it can be frustrating if the phone keeps restarting and losing the homescreen setup.

It can be hard to pinpoint why a device is randomly rebooting like yours. A few things to try:
  1. Try a new battery. A failing battery can cause issues like this, and it doesn't really matter how new it is--batteries can be defective. A quick and dirty way to check is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it may be worth trying a new battery.
  2. If you have an external SD card installed, unmount it (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then reboot. A corrupt SD card can cause various glitches.
  3. Make sure your Android version is completely up to date. Go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates, and tap Check for Updates.

As DroidArmy suggested, Nova Launcher is worth trying, because it allows you to backup your homescreen setup. Nova is an alternative launcher, so if the stock Huawei launcher (i.e., the app that shows you the homescreens) is glitching, then maybe Nova might help avoid those glitches. I can't remember if you have to use the paid version of Nova in order to backup your homescreens.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You probably just have to place the shortcuts back on the homescreen manually. You can still do that, right? You have to open the App Drawer (the list of all of your installed apps), long-press the app for which you want to create a shortcut, and then drag it to a homescreen. But I can see how it can be frustrating if the phone keeps restarting and losing the homescreen setup.

It can be hard to pinpoint why a device is randomly rebooting like yours. A few things to try:
  1. Try a new battery. A failing battery can cause issues like this, and it doesn't really matter how new it is--batteries can be defective. A quick and dirty way to check is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it may be worth trying a new battery.
  2. If you have an external SD card installed, unmount it (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then reboot. A corrupt SD card can cause various glitches.
  3. Make sure your Android version is completely up to date. Go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates, and tap Check for Updates.

As DroidArmy suggested, Nova Launcher is worth trying, because it allows you to backup your homescreen setup. Nova is an alternative launcher, so if the stock Huawei launcher (i.e., the app that shows you the homescreens) is glitching, then maybe Nova might help avoid those glitches. I can't remember if you have to use the paid version of Nova in order to backup your homescreens.

Nope. Nova offers the backup option in the free version.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Shima Tabesh

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Wowwwww i don't know how to thank u. That was great and was so helpful, thanks for taking time. I've installed nova and it's working well, i think some things wrong with huawei launcher but I'll do the points u said for sure.

Tina Esmaeili

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi, Thank you Shima for bringing up the problem which I have with exactly the same phone.
And thanks everybody for introducing Nova Launcher which works perfectly (so far).