Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By Shima Tabesh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default help

    My android phone keeps restarting at least twice a day. Today it restarted and turned on in the safe mode, all the apps shortcuts on the screen were gone. So i restarted my phone again and it is in the normal mode again but still there is no shortcuts of the apps i installed on the device. I can launch the apps from setting and they are working well. How can i restore o create shortcuts on the screen.
    Besides its about 6 months that I'm using android and it's really driving me crazy. I've flashed my phone twice and I've lost all the apps i had each time what can i do? Help please.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: help

    Quote Originally Posted by Shima Tabesh View Post
    My android phone keeps restarting at least twice a day. Today it restarted and turned on in the safe mode, all the apps shortcuts on the screen were gone. So i restarted my phone again and it is in the normal mode again but still there is no shortcuts of the apps i installed on the device. I can launch the apps from setting and they are working well. How can i restore o create shortcuts on the screen.
    Besides its about 6 months that I'm using android and it's really driving me crazy. I've flashed my phone twice and I've lost all the apps i had each time what can i do? Help please.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Are the apps you're having problems with stored on the sd card or on the device? A lot of times apps stored on the sd card get messed up. Have you tried a battery pull? You remove the battery for 10 seconds and then restart the phone.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: help

    Thanks for taking time. they are installed on the internal storage. I'll try pulling out the battery and then report ;-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: help

    Still the same

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: help

    Quote Originally Posted by Shima Tabesh View Post
    Still the same

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm sorry I couldn't be more help to you. You may want to post this issue in your phone's forum. I don't know what phone you are using, but posting this under the forum dedicated to your particular device will most certainly get you more help. Good luck!
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: help

    Sure, thank u so much ♥

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: help

    Do you have anti virus installed?If you don't,try Avast and scan your phone

    Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: help

    I have not received an OTA to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 from version 4.2.1 Pls help.
    Andrew

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: help

    There was no such forum, it's huawei g700, Android 4.1.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: help

    How can i bring back my shortcuts? I had avira anti-virus before but it was no good.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
    DroidArmy's Avatar

    Posts
    615 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

    Default Re: help

    Quote Originally Posted by Shima Tabesh View Post
    My android phone keeps restarting at least twice a day. Today it restarted and turned on in the safe mode, all the apps shortcuts on the screen were gone. So i restarted my phone again and it is in the normal mode again but still there is no shortcuts of the apps i installed on the device. I can launch the apps from setting and they are working well. How can i restore o create shortcuts on the screen.
    Besides its about 6 months that I'm using android and it's really driving me crazy. I've flashed my phone twice and I've lost all the apps i had each time what can i do? Help please.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If Android is driving you crazy, it might be a good time to explore some other options. Please, don't use something you don't like. Feel free to explore other options like iOS or Windows Phone. You might just like them better
  12. #12  
    DroidArmy's Avatar

    Posts
    615 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

    Default Re: help

    Quote Originally Posted by Shima Tabesh View Post
    How can i bring back my shortcuts? I had avira anti-virus before but it was no good.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You could use a launcher like Nova Launcher and move them back into place. Otherwise, I'm not really sure.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: help

    Thanks a lot.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: help

    Quote Originally Posted by Shima Tabesh View Post
    How can i bring back my shortcuts? I had avira anti-virus before but it was no good.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Welcome to Android Central! You probably just have to place the shortcuts back on the homescreen manually. You can still do that, right? You have to open the App Drawer (the list of all of your installed apps), long-press the app for which you want to create a shortcut, and then drag it to a homescreen. But I can see how it can be frustrating if the phone keeps restarting and losing the homescreen setup.

    It can be hard to pinpoint why a device is randomly rebooting like yours. A few things to try:
    1. Try a new battery. A failing battery can cause issues like this, and it doesn't really matter how new it is--batteries can be defective. A quick and dirty way to check is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it may be worth trying a new battery.
    2. If you have an external SD card installed, unmount it (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then reboot. A corrupt SD card can cause various glitches.
    3. Make sure your Android version is completely up to date. Go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates, and tap Check for Updates.


    As DroidArmy suggested, Nova Launcher is worth trying, because it allows you to backup your homescreen setup. Nova is an alternative launcher, so if the stock Huawei launcher (i.e., the app that shows you the homescreens) is glitching, then maybe Nova might help avoid those glitches. I can't remember if you have to use the paid version of Nova in order to backup your homescreens.
    Thanked by:
    Shima Tabesh likes this.
  15. #15  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    18,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: help

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! You probably just have to place the shortcuts back on the homescreen manually. You can still do that, right? You have to open the App Drawer (the list of all of your installed apps), long-press the app for which you want to create a shortcut, and then drag it to a homescreen. But I can see how it can be frustrating if the phone keeps restarting and losing the homescreen setup.

    It can be hard to pinpoint why a device is randomly rebooting like yours. A few things to try:
    1. Try a new battery. A failing battery can cause issues like this, and it doesn't really matter how new it is--batteries can be defective. A quick and dirty way to check is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it may be worth trying a new battery.
    2. If you have an external SD card installed, unmount it (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then reboot. A corrupt SD card can cause various glitches.
    3. Make sure your Android version is completely up to date. Go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates, and tap Check for Updates.


    As DroidArmy suggested, Nova Launcher is worth trying, because it allows you to backup your homescreen setup. Nova is an alternative launcher, so if the stock Huawei launcher (i.e., the app that shows you the homescreens) is glitching, then maybe Nova might help avoid those glitches. I can't remember if you have to use the paid version of Nova in order to backup your homescreens.
    Nope. Nova offers the backup option in the free version.

    Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: help

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Nope. Nova offers the backup option in the free version.

    Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App
    Well there you go!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: help

    Wowwwww i don't know how to thank u. That was great and was so helpful, thanks for taking time. I've installed nova and it's working well, i think some things wrong with huawei launcher but I'll do the points u said for sure.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: help

    Thanks everybody, u are awesome ♥

    Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Help, I messed up my phone!!
    By raincoathaveli in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 10:19 PM
  2. HELP! How much should I pay for the HTC ONE?
    By Amanda Mercurio in forum HTC One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
  3. Help...I think I killed it for Good
    By waxfetish in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:41 PM
  4. Tasker Help... Enable quiet mode but allow notification lights still?
    By jgordon00 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:15 PM
  5. Android Ip adress/ wi-fi issue, please help!
    By Tim Cahill1 in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions