Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant connect to play store, sync or add Google accounts

Please help! Thanks! Yesterday I wanted to go to the play store on my tab to update an app I had but I couldn't connect to the store at all. So I went to the my account under the in the settings app and I saw that its been having some sync issues. I kept retrying the sync but it kept failing.
    So I deleted the account off of my tablet and tryed to log back in. Now it won't even log in and its telling me it can't establish a reliable connection to the server and takes me to the WiFi options in settings.

I dont know whats wrong. My internet works perfectly fine. I can surf the web, watch videos, download and even play apps that require an online connection on my tab but I can't use any Google services for some reason. Help please!

Default Re: Cant connect to play store, sync or add Google accounts

Welcome to Android Central! What device is it? Depending on which device, you might be able to clear the system cache partition, which can help with issues like this sometimes. You might ultimately have to try a factory data reset.

Also try some wi-fi troubleshooting tips as well: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did a factory reset and I still have the same issue. Its a Sophix 740g tablet

Tough to say. It could be a problem with the firmware, but you're not going to get a whole lot of support for a relatively little-known device. Here's the product page, with a support section: TAB-740G - SOPHIX - Tablets - Products

Quote Originally Posted by robfozz View Post
    Please help! Thanks! Yesterday I wanted to go to the play store on my tab to update an app I had but I couldn't connect to the store at all. So I went to the my account under the in the settings app and I saw that its been having some sync issues. I kept retrying the sync but it kept failing.
    So I deleted the account off of my tablet and tryed to log back in. Now it won't even log in and its telling me it can't establish a reliable connection to the server and takes me to the WiFi options in settings.

I dont know whats wrong. My internet works perfectly fine. I can surf the web, watch videos, download and even play apps that require an online connection on my tab but I can't use any Google services for some reason. Help please!

I am having the same issues on a Samsung galaxy 3 phone. Tried a system cache clear and reset No change

It is because of freedom.apk. I have faces it too. Is ur phone rooted? If yes then download root explorer, click on Mount rw button run a search for hosts and delete it reboot the device

I have the same problem on the moto G