Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default factory reset help

Phone lag despite cutting back on homescreens, widgets and using nova launcher...getting rid of ATK and clean master. Endless stream of app not responding...30 seconds to open Google apps like gmail and search (why does Google make it so their apps run worst of any on android?!?). Going to do the painful reset (phone is 18mos old and not ready/eligible to upgrade). I've backed up photos, music in cloud. Nothing in texting I need. Two questions....well 3 actually.

1. How to backup contacts. My "people" app shows 718 entries. Verizon backup assistant plus (the plus stands for useless) backs 137 contacts. Gmail contacts shows about the same. So how do I back up all 718 real contacts?

2. Aside from the backups I've done, is there anything else ive forgotten that I'll regret?

3. Any thing short of a factory reset that might help? I've cleared the system cache etc. And I am NOT rooted.

4. If I am doing the reset anyway...should I root since the main reason I haven't is that I don't like to initially when things are running well...and then its too cumbersome once the phone grinds to a near halt. But seems I am going through hell and back anyway now so should I root. I'm not overly techie...just want a phone I don't want to throw across the room a dozen times a day

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: factory reset help

Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chmura1 View Post
    1. How to backup contacts. My "people" app shows 718 entries. Verizon backup assistant plus (the plus stands for useless) backs 137 contacts. Gmail contacts shows about the same. So how do I back up all 718 real contacts?
    Are all your contacts on your gmail account or are some on your phone? Creating a new contact usually gives and option to save to gmail or phone (or SIM).

2. Aside from the backups I've done, is there anything else ive forgotten that I'll regret?
    Only other thing I could think of would be videos or app data.

3. Any thing short of a factory reset that might help? I've cleared the system cache etc. And I am NOT rooted.
    Honestly, not that I can think of.

4. If I am doing the reset anyway...should I root since the main reason I haven't is that I don't like to initially when things are running well...and then its too cumbersome once the phone grinds to a near halt. But seems I am going through hell and back anyway now so should I root. I'm not overly techie...just want a phone I don't want to throw across the room a dozen times a day
    ​Which device do you have?

Posted via Android Central App
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa