Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S4: Battery Drain + Unplayable music files?

Firstly- about the battery drain. My phone was working well when one day when I was chatting on WhatsApp it started heating and reducing battery about 1% every 2-3 minutes, despite using greenify and using wifi. I brought a new battery but problems were not solved- leaving it on the couch through the night reduces battery by 5%. Numerous factory reset and flashing a custom rom has not solved my problems.

Next- The music files were downloaded using clip converter. Cc using YouTube links. While the files are playable on my computer and idevices, I cannot play them on my s4.i have cleared data on media storage and scanned media again but no solutions. The files are in my sd. Any solutions? Hope this is the right forums as this is my first post here.

Default Re: Samsung S4: Battery Drain + Unplayable music files?

Welcome to Android Central! Corrupt files on the external microSD card can lead to performance issues. Sometimes the system's Media Scanner (which scans all storage areas for music, photo, or video files in order to populate the proper databases) will get hung up trying to scan a corrupt file, which can lead to increased CPU usage and therefore overheating and battery issues. Try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage), removing the card, then rebooting. You could consider inserting your microSD card into your computer, backing up all the data, then reformatting the card and transferring the data back to see if it helps. Or get a new microSD card and see if the problem persists.