Note N7000 screen flickers and then phone dies

freakernic

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi i have a galaxy Note . and for the last few weeks as soon as i use an app or game that is slightly resource intensive the screen flickers and the phone turns off. i can then turn the phone back on and lets say the battery was on 90 % its is now on 10 or sometimes even 1 %.
repeated battery removal will get the phone to say my battery life is back to normal but it usually only lasts a few min and the screen will flicker again and then the phone dies .

Does anyone have an idea what it could be .. i have tried loading a CM Mod Rom hoping its just my Stock Rom that has gotten corrupted but from a full charge i had my daughter play on the phone on my way to work this morning and the phone died before i made it out the driveway.

thx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing. Take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad--get a new one. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi i have a galaxy Note . and for the last few weeks as soon as i use an app or game that is slightly resource intensive the screen flickers and the phone turns off. i can then turn the phone back on and lets say the battery was on 90 % its is now on 10 or sometimes even 1 %.
repeated battery removal will get the phone to say my battery life is back to normal but it usually only lasts a few min and the screen will flicker again and then the phone dies .

Does anyone have an idea what it could be .. i have tried loading a CM Mod Rom hoping its just my Stock Rom that has gotten corrupted but from a full charge i had my daughter play on the phone on my way to work this morning and the phone died before i made it out the driveway.

thx

Well, It looks like the problem is with the battery try removing battery, flip it and put it over to some plane surface not try revolving the battery with the help of a push. If your battery start revolving like a ball then your battery is dead and its time to buy a new battery and if you have a warranty then it would be good for you because in this case you can seek replacement..... while if your battery doesn't revolve then the problem is not with the battery but somewhere else... :)

FastIgnition

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem on my S3, it started like last week or so, it was when i just downloaded a new game and while i was in midgame, i had my first flickering experience, so i freaked out and removed the battery and put it back, it didnt work for the first time but it worked in the second one, so i deleted the game thinking that it was the source of the problem but NOO, the flickering and freezing kept appearing anytime anywhere, it happened to me while on facebook, watching a video on youtube, browsing on Google chrome, using the camera, and literally tons of other stuff, so i looked for a solution online and came across that updating the firmware could solve the problem, so i updated my 4.2.2 to a 4.3, and guess what, i had the screen flickering like 2 mins after the update :'( i knew that factory resetting it won't also fix the problem and i have even done the battery spin test to see if it was a battery problem but it wasn't my battery was perfectly flat and unspinnable, i even compared it to my brother's battery to see if there's a size difference but it was okay. I am now so desperate and frustrated i tried EVERY SINGLE thing that could might have fixed the problem, the problem only appears when i use my phone for like 30 mins or plus (Most of the times it's random) so PLEASE if anyone has a solution for this problem be kind and help a brother in need.