Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Note N7000 screen flickers and then phone dies

Hi i have a galaxy Note . and for the last few weeks as soon as i use an app or game that is slightly resource intensive the screen flickers and the phone turns off. i can then turn the phone back on and lets say the battery was on 90 % its is now on 10 or sometimes even 1 %.
    repeated battery removal will get the phone to say my battery life is back to normal but it usually only lasts a few min and the screen will flicker again and then the phone dies .

Does anyone have an idea what it could be .. i have tried loading a CM Mod Rom hoping its just my Stock Rom that has gotten corrupted but from a full charge i had my daughter play on the phone on my way to work this morning and the phone died before i made it out the driveway.

thx

Default Re: Note N7000 screen flickers and then phone dies

Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing. Take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad--get a new one. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yip its definitely bulging in the middle. Ill go get another THX
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freakernic View Post
    Hi i have a galaxy Note . and for the last few weeks as soon as i use an app or game that is slightly resource intensive the screen flickers and the phone turns off. i can then turn the phone back on and lets say the battery was on 90 % its is now on 10 or sometimes even 1 %.
    repeated battery removal will get the phone to say my battery life is back to normal but it usually only lasts a few min and the screen will flicker again and then the phone dies .

Does anyone have an idea what it could be .. i have tried loading a CM Mod Rom hoping its just my Stock Rom that has gotten corrupted but from a full charge i had my daughter play on the phone on my way to work this morning and the phone died before i made it out the driveway.

thx
    Well, It looks like the problem is with the battery try removing battery, flip it and put it over to some plane surface not try revolving the battery with the help of a push. If your battery start revolving like a ball then your battery is dead and its time to buy a new battery and if you have a warranty then it would be good for you because in this case you can seek replacement..... while if your battery doesn't revolve then the problem is not with the battery but somewhere else...

Global Posts
    18,963 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by freakernic View Post
    yip its definitely bulging in the middle. Ill go get another THX
    A new battery should correct everything. If not, give us a shout and we can go from there.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here