Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.1.2 internal storage issue

I have an Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 device which has an internal phone memory of 4GB i.e. 3gb for the internal SD card but only 1 GB for internal storage(app storage)... I also have an external 8gb SD card....
    The problem is that because it was a cheap phone the app storage is really low for my needs and it constantly gives me low storage notifications...
    I've seen that 4.2+ devices (my brother has one) have a merged app storage and internal storage...
    My question is that if I root my phone and upgrade to 4.2.1 or something will I also get this type of storage? My phone's OS can't be updated without rooting it but I can't just take that risk unless I'm sure that it'll fix the issue... any help would be much appreciated. Thx

Default Re: Android 4.1.2 internal storage issue

Quote Originally Posted by 007avenger007 View Post
    I have an Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 device which has an internal phone memory of 4GB i.e. 3gb for the internal SD card but only 1 GB for internal storage(app storage)... I also have an external 8gb SD card....
    The problem is that because it was a cheap phone the app storage is really low for my needs and it constantly gives me low storage notifications...
    I've seen that 4.2+ devices (my brother has one) have a merged app storage and internal storage...
    My question is that if I root my phone and upgrade to 4.2.1 or something will I also get this type of storage? My phone's OS can't be updated without rooting it but I can't just take that risk unless I'm sure that it'll fix the issue... any help would be much appreciated. Thx