Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I have a Droid 4, with Android 4.1. Can I upgrade to Android 4.2? If so, how?

Have you upgraded a Motorola Droid 4 from Android 4.1 to 4.2?
    If so, please share how you did this.

thanks in advance

Default Re: I have a Droid 4, with Android 4.1. Can I upgrade to Android 4.2? If so, how?

Welcome to Android Central! I don't believe there was an official update to 4.2, but you could always root the phone and install a custom ROM. Here's a link for rooting: [ROOT] How to root the Droid 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I have a Droid 4, with Android 4.1. Can I upgrade to Android 4.2? If so, how?

Thanks BDiddy.
    What is a custom ROM? Is it going to be compatible to apps that only use Android 4.2?

The link you sent about rooting the Droid 4 says:
    Put your phone in USB debugging mode.

How do you do that?

I'm not really familiar with rooting, so I'm not the person to help you. If you're a novice to smartphones, I'd suggest you not consider it, because you can permanently mess things up if you're not careful. But if you want to proceed, just do some searching for "Droid 4 root" and "Droid 4 ROM 4.2."
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Can anybody out there confirm that there was not actually an upgrade to Android 4.2 for the Droid 4 phone?

This Motorola page confirms that the Droid 4 stopped officially at 4.1.2: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...JsaW9pWlZYbCJ9