Need help to uninstall some bloatware apps

kmtm

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a new phone which is running Jelly bean 4.2.2. I want to remove apps like Samsung apps and some others on it.
I already have rooted the phone and have Titanium backup pro which is possible to do the job, but I see many samsung apps in it and I am not sure which one I should keep (expect the ones that is related to samsung app store and apps like hang os).
Which program will you suggest that can easily uninstall apps without causing problems?
Would it be more safe to convert those system apps a user app and then remove them?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a new phone which is running Jelly bean 4.2.2. I want to remove apps like Samsung apps and some others on it.
I already have rooted the phone and have Titanium backup pro which is possible to do the job, but I see many samsung apps in it and I am not sure which one I should keep (expect the ones that is related to samsung app store and apps like hang os).
Which program will you suggest that can easily uninstall apps without causing problems?
Would it be more safe to convert those system apps a user app and then remove them?

Hello.

You should make a backup of the app before uninstalling with Titanium Backup.

You can also try using Greenify to freeze the apps if they are causing problems.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&token=zk6HV5Ek

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually use Titanium or Link2SD to freeze the app first. If it doesn't cause any problems after a few days, I unfreeze it, clear the cache, clear the data, force stop it and uninstall it.

Whether it's a user app or a system app doesn't make any difference - if the phone needs the app, removing it will cause a problem, if it doesn't need it, removing it won't cause any problem.

But clear the cache and data before you uninstall the app - you can't do it after you uninstall it, and Android might not be able to reclaim that space (it depends on the app).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12