Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help to uninstall some bloatware apps

I have a new phone which is running Jelly bean 4.2.2. I want to remove apps like Samsung apps and some others on it.
    I already have rooted the phone and have Titanium backup pro which is possible to do the job, but I see many samsung apps in it and I am not sure which one I should keep (expect the ones that is related to samsung app store and apps like hang os).
    Which program will you suggest that can easily uninstall apps without causing problems?
    Would it be more safe to convert those system apps a user app and then remove them?

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: Need help to uninstall some bloatware apps

Quote Originally Posted by kmtm View Post
    I have a new phone which is running Jelly bean 4.2.2. I want to remove apps like Samsung apps and some others on it.
    I already have rooted the phone and have Titanium backup pro which is possible to do the job, but I see many samsung apps in it and I am not sure which one I should keep (expect the ones that is related to samsung app store and apps like hang os).
    Which program will you suggest that can easily uninstall apps without causing problems?
    Would it be more safe to convert those system apps a user app and then remove them?
    Hello.

You should make a backup of the app before uninstalling with Titanium Backup.

You can also try using Greenify to freeze the apps if they are causing problems.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenify

Global Posts
    20,067 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Need help to uninstall some bloatware apps

I usually use Titanium or Link2SD to freeze the app first. If it doesn't cause any problems after a few days, I unfreeze it, clear the cache, clear the data, force stop it and uninstall it.

Whether it's a user app or a system app doesn't make any difference - if the phone needs the app, removing it will cause a problem, if it doesn't need it, removing it won't cause any problem.

But clear the cache and data before you uninstall the app - you can't do it after you uninstall it, and Android might not be able to reclaim that space (it depends on the app).