Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Cubot GT90 constantly roaming (not mobile data)

Hi there,

We have had a mast issue in our area which is now resolved and have our signal back. However my new Cubot GT90 refuses to believe this and is constantly roaming with the signal when all other phones have full signal. Our family all are on Orange, bar one who is on EE. I've disabled all the data roaming stuff but this still persists and it is signal roaming. And I have tried the sim in my old sony xperia J and my old Nokia brick and the signal in them is full. Can anyone help?

Henry

Global Posts
    5,568 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Cubot GT90 constantly roaming (not mobile data)

Roaming simply means that the name of the signal isn't the same as the name on the SIM. It has nothing to do with signal strength. (It's an ancient term, from the days when moving a few miles meant that you were using a different carrier's signal - and got charged for any day you were roaming. These days it's meaningless unless you're troubleshooting the network. (Or if your carrier still charges you for roaming, which I don't think any carrier does any more.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    Roaming simply means that the name of the signal isn't the same as the name on the SIM. It has nothing to do with signal strength. (It's an ancient term, from the days when moving a few miles meant that you were using a different carrier's signal - and got charged for any day you were roaming. These days it's meaningless unless you're troubleshooting the network. (Or if your carrier still charges you for roaming, which I don't think any carrier does any more.)
    Okay but how do I stop this roaming? Im currently using my previous phone and there is no roaming and the signal in it is better!

Global Posts
    5,568 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

You could ask your carrier for a new SIM card. But that won't change the signal strength, it'll just turn off the roaming indicator.