Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

My mum's phone the Vodafone smart 3 keeps restarting by itself for no reason. It's on 4.1.1 jellybean & won't update any higher as it's a basic phone. Its only a few months old. Any help would be much appreciated as it's her only phone & the only way anyone can contact her. It's restarted about 3-4 times now this week.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Lucy Davies; 06-29-2014 at 06:37 AM.
  2. Best Answer

Check the battery graph the next time it restarts. Go to Settings/General/Battery. Press the graph at the top. You'll get a different graph. If the battery drops to almost 0 just before the phone restarts, she has a bad battery. (That's the most common cause. It's due to the nature of Lithium Ion batteries, and the only thing you can do is replace the battery and condition it [fully charge it before turning the phone on. Then use it until the phone tells you to plug in the charger - don't charge it before that. Repeat the procedure twice more.] Then never let the charge get below 30% [the ideal recharge point is 40% to 60%].)

Global Posts
    4,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Phone keeps restarting help please.

Check the battery graph the next time it restarts. Go to Settings/General/Battery. Press the graph at the top. You'll get a different graph. If the battery drops to almost 0 just before the phone restarts, she has a bad battery. (That's the most common cause. It's due to the nature of Lithium Ion batteries, and the only thing you can do is replace the battery and condition it [fully charge it before turning the phone on. Then use it until the phone tells you to plug in the charger - don't charge it before that. Repeat the procedure twice more.] Then never let the charge get below 30% [the ideal recharge point is 40% to 60%].)

Another question? Does this happen when it's plugged into the power cable to charge or randomly when it's not plugged in? As far as I know, all Smartphones will restart when plugged in if you try and turn it off.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It doesn't happen when she's charging it only when she makes a phone call or text or anything else she does. Next time it restarts will check the battery but it doesn't seem to go to 0 quickly.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope the battery only goes down one or two percent when it restarts. Still don't no what the problem is? Should I try the battery spin check to see if it's bulging?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by vguir1ruty View Post
    new here bump...
    Do you have the same phone & same problem? Welcome to Android Central by the way.