Razr Maxx with broken screen - need an assist recovering a few things!

CaptainCornbread

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I have an unrooted Droid Razr Maxx, no SD card, everything stored on internal storage. The screen is broken but the phone is working (I still get alerts and such). The main two things I am most interested in recovering are my Handcent SMS messages, and also my Universal Password Manager (UPM) password database. Anyone have an idea for how to get the info off the broken phone and on to the new Razr Maxx I just rec'd as a warranty replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help or wisdom, smart folks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if this will work or where to look, but have you tried connecting to your PC and seeing if you can pull the files?

CaptainCornbread

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Yes, therein lies the problem - I don't know what files to restore/where to look. I haven't found anything especially definitely online to point me in the right place for either app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Yes, therein lies the problem - I don't know what files to restore/where to look. I haven't found anything especially definitely online to point me in the right place for either app.

Probably in the Android or obb folders. However, keep in mind that even if you can find them, and pull them, doesn't necessarily mean they can be read/transferred.