Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr Maxx with broken screen - need an assist recovering a few things!

I have an unrooted Droid Razr Maxx, no SD card, everything stored on internal storage. The screen is broken but the phone is working (I still get alerts and such). The main two things I am most interested in recovering are my Handcent SMS messages, and also my Universal Password Manager (UPM) password database. Anyone have an idea for how to get the info off the broken phone and on to the new Razr Maxx I just rec'd as a warranty replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help or wisdom, smart folks!

Global Posts
    22,217 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Razr Maxx with broken screen - need an assist recovering a few things!

I have no idea if this will work or where to look, but have you tried connecting to your PC and seeing if you can pull the files?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Razr Maxx with broken screen - need an assist recovering a few things!

Thanks for your response. Yes, therein lies the problem - I don't know what files to restore/where to look. I haven't found anything especially definitely online to point me in the right place for either app.

Global Posts
    22,217 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCornbread View Post
    Thanks for your response. Yes, therein lies the problem - I don't know what files to restore/where to look. I haven't found anything especially definitely online to point me in the right place for either app.
    Probably in the Android or obb folders. However, keep in mind that even if you can find them, and pull them, doesn't necessarily mean they can be read/transferred.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here