So, the camera shutter thing. Can anybody answer my questions?

Salparadise29

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I joined this forum specifically to ask this question, as nothing I've found from hours of Googling has yielded any answers at all.

First, some quick facts...
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4, firmware 4.2 (Jellybean). I've had a Galaxy handset since S2, and I'm an experienced user of Android.

The issue I'm having is that, no matter what I do, I can't turn off the shutter sound when I take a picture. Now, I don't want to stalk anyone or take clandestine pics, but the loud 'SNAP' whenever I take a picture is insanely annoying. And sometimes you don't want attention being drawn to yourself if you're trying to take a nice picture, or a selfie of you and your girlfriend in the restaurant. It's an inconvenience.

I've tried turning my volume down, silencing my phone, installing other camera apps, using something called 'enforced stream silencer' and various other 'fixes' I've found in forums. NOTHING WORKS. I've also heard talk of this being a legal issue, and that's why Samsung have removed the 'turn off shutter sound' option from the camera settings - but I can't find clarification on this anywhere, and it only seems to be affecting a handful of users from what I can tell.

This realisation comes the same week I ordered a 64gb micro SD only to find that it's effectively useless, as no apps can download to it or interact with it. My faith in the Galaxy device is dwindling...

So, Android Central Community, any answers out there?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I joined this forum specifically to ask this question, as nothing I've found from hours of Googling has yielded any answers at all.

First, some quick facts...
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4, firmware 4.2 (Jellybean). I've had a Galaxy handset since S2, and I'm an experienced user of Android.

The issue I'm having is that, no matter what I do, I can't turn off the shutter sound when I take a picture. Now, I don't want to stalk anyone or take clandestine pics, but the loud 'SNAP' whenever I take a picture is insanely annoying. And sometimes you don't want attention being drawn to yourself if you're trying to take a nice picture, or a selfie of you and your girlfriend in the restaurant. It's an inconvenience.

I've tried turning my volume down, silencing my phone, installing other camera apps, using something called 'enforced stream silencer' and various other 'fixes' I've found in forums. NOTHING WORKS. I've also heard talk of this being a legal issue, and that's why Samsung have removed the 'turn off shutter sound' option from the camera settings - but I can't find clarification on this anywhere, and it only seems to be affecting a handful of users from what I can tell.

This realisation comes the same week I ordered a 64gb micro SD only to find that it's effectively useless, as no apps can download to it or interact with it. My faith in the Galaxy device is dwindling...

So, Android Central Community, any answers out there?

that's so strange! I had the s4 but I'm sure I was able to take the noise off, or maybe I just didn't notice it. Have you had a look at this website, it gives some useful apps that will silence the camera - How to remove the camera shutter sound on Samsung Galaxy devices - AndroidPIT

Also, try searching for "mute camera" in the app store, it has a few that might work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan