Unable to Transfer Files Into Tablet.

B_Mullins

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have suddenly found myself unable to copy in files via USB cable from my laptop to my tablet (ASUS MeMO Pad 10 ME-102A-A1 Android 4.2.2). As recently as 2 weeks ago I had no problem doing so but now, immediately after the copy operation starts, I get an error message on the laptop that the tablet is not accepting data or some such. I used to be able to push files from my Windows Laptop (using plain old
windows Explorer) to my tablet easily. I download public domain books and publications to my laptop and then push them into the tablet to read when I am away from civilization (I go camping and basically hermit for days at a time). I've got several books plus the contents of old music CDs ripped on my laptop that I'd like to put on the tablet.

I tried just plugging the SD card into my laptop (which would be faster) but Windows swears the media is write protected.

I tried looking for any settings for USB but cannot find anything.

Help? Please?

Quelch

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Apparently an Android debugging driver that breaks MTP was included in the August Windows patch cycle. You can fix it by:

plugging in the device
going to the device manager and finding the device. You should see Android Composite ADB interface.
right-click on the ADB interface line. Choose "Update driver software"
click "Browse my computer for driver software"
Click "Let me pick ..."
Choose the MTP driver.

Hope this helps, didn't work for me on my Nexus 7 but has worked for others !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22