Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Desire 601 bootloops (never been rooted/unlocked)

At the moment my HTC Desire 601 bootloops. It has never been unlocked or rooted.

Last night I did not charge my phone, so I woke up to it being completely drained of battery. When I plugged it in to get charged, and turned it on around 15% charge. Then it started bootlooping. It just keeps on rebooting and I cant enter the home screen anymore.

What I think happened, is the phone was in the middle of updating an application when the battery went out. Which could have damaged the system files. Since this phone OS has never been altered in anyway.

Default Re: HTC Desire 601 bootloops (never been rooted/unlocked)

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried just letting the phone sit on the wall charger for 10-12 hours to make sure it's fully charged up, then try to power on?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I havent tried that, I let it sit for 6 hours when I charged it. Will it make a difference to charge it for an extra 4-6 hours?

Here is what I tried in more detail

- I charged it for 6 hours. What happens is I get the battery charging animation, then without powering it on it will bootloop.
    - Also about charging, I have a usb volt meter that goes in between the cable and charger. I know my phone is done charging when the volt meter reads 0.01 amps. In this case I just waited for it get to about 0.20 amps.(getting an accurate reading would be hard because it bootloops when it charges)

- I went into "the safe mode" I dont know what it is really called in android. I get the by pressing volume down + power button
    - I tried the following recover, clear storage and factory reset. What happens when I try these is the screen goes black for a minute and a half. Then it bootloops.
    Although I tried the image CRC, it seems to be a test or some sort and it passed.

I just wanted to make sure the battery was charging up completely before trying to turn it on. The problem sounds pretty major--maybe a motherboard issue. I don't think I can help much more, sorry! You may have to talk to HTC.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

At the moment I am using my old LG P930 which I got in 2012.

Using my old LG P930 I do notice that I am getting better battery life. On the broken HTC 601 Desire I find that the battery drains quickly. I generally only get half day chargers, and it sometimes gets hot when I loose battery quickly. Perhaps it could have been a hardware issue.

Also, I got in in December 2013 for $150 and no warranty. Which is half price at the time.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I went to my local carrier and HTC

HTC said there is nothing they can do about it, not event a repair. They suggest I go to my local carrier.

My local carrier said I can give them the broken phone and I get $50 credit on a new one. Also, the person at the carrier said that the battery can be causing the bootloop. Is that possible?