- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
How to disable hdmi audio
I'm new to this forum, so hello everybody.
I have a problem I hope you'll be able to help me with:
I have connected my tablet (Ainol Novo7 Venus) that runs on Android 4.1 to my LG 42LN5204 TV via HDMI but I would like to run the audio through my old Harman Kardon AVR 1150 AV receiver via a jack headphone output. Of course, as soon as I plug the hdmi, audio goes through the TV. Is there a way to disable the HDMI audio in Android, so it goes through the jack?
There's only two hdmi on the TV, no other audio or video connection
There's no hdmi on the receiver, so it looks like I have no other choice but connect it this way.
- 09-04-2014, 05:00 PM #2
Re: How to disable hdmi audio
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the tablet's settings, and see if there are any HDMI settings, specifically for audio.
Otherwise, you could see if the TV has some kind of HDMI audio setting, although that would probably just control whether the TV plays the audio or not--it probably wouldn't control where the audio is output from your tablet.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 11-25-2015, 02:20 PM
- By fokum8 in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 09-09-2014, 08:18 PM
- By Kyle Gorham in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-05-2014, 11:57 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2014, 05:05 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2014, 06:12 AM