Annoying blue icon

keverne

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I've got a NOOK HD with an AFN microSD card running Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

A half visible circular blue icon has appeared in the bottom left corner of the homepage. It appears on top of what ever app I'm using.

When any anything occurs, such as K-9 collecting mail, it exposes itself completely and gives a description of that activity in a box. A number appears in the middle of the icon to inform of the number of emails.

At rest the number normally shows the date as indicated by Calendar Status Pro in the notifications bar.

K-9 was only one of the apps that is monitored by this icon but to be sure I uninstalled it. Sorry to say that the icon is still there.

It seems to be some sort of watchdog for anything happening anywhere on the system. I used Play Store to install another app and it immediately made an appearance with a download symbol in the middle and a box giving details. On completion a miniature copy of the newly installed apps icon appeared in the middle of the blue icon with a message in the box telling me that installation was complete.

I don't know what put it there but I can't shift it and is annoying me intensely. Unlocking the home screen it will not let me drag it towards 'X remove'.

I've looked and looked through settings but I can't find anything to get rid of it.

Can anyone help me please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-03-11-25-26[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-10-03-11-25-26[1].png
    416.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2014-10-03-12-08-10[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-10-03-12-08-10[1].png
    34.7 KB · Views: 3