Why am I getting error messages when I try to use the Search feature on my Drod Razr?

ksanger

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Android 4.1.2 No app found to open url

I have a Motorola Droid Razr running Android 4.1.2 on Verizon. When I hit search, and it returns results, I click on the map and it tells me "no app found to open url". If I click on directions it tells me "no app found to open url". I've enabled use my location. I've cleared chrome and browser data. This happens with multiple searches. I've also cleared data for google search. Then when I click the magnifying glass I get a series of ads for google+ which I decline. Does Google still support search without using google+ on my four year old phone? I do not want a new phone from Verizon as I loose my current plan.

I've also updated chrome with same results.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 4.1.2 No app found to open url

Do you have maps installed? Open it and make sure it's running Ok then try again.

ksanger

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 4.1.2 No app found to open url

Map works fine. Also updated maps, google chrome, google search. Also tried google+ in search. Now when I hit the magnifying glass, menu, settings, Phone search, I can see applications. Maps is not in the list. Google Sky Map is. Too bad I'm not looking for something located in the heavens. I do have Apps (Names of installed applications) checked but Maps has not shown up.

If I specifically open the Maps app and search that works. But hitting the magnifying glass does not.

Interesting. An app called google settings, Connected apps, returns "Couldn't load apps. Please try again later."