soft key delete photo from gallery not working

ivory_kitten

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the galaxy note 2 and have had this issue since the gallery app updated to remove the delete icon from the top bar, when viewing a picture I press the soft key and select delete from the menu...nothing happens. Same thing happens with the other commands too. Some times if I press the command repeatedly it might actually do what I want but normally the only way to delete a picture is from the thumbnail gallery using the long press. Its driving me mad!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, and see if works now.

If that doesn't help, try the more general troubleshooting step of wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the button actually seem to respond? Do you have any screen dimming apps installed? Some of these can render certain onscreen buttons unusable.

Posted via Android Central App

ivory_kitten

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Occasionally after multiple presses it works, it takes a while and it doesn't always respond. It is very temperamental, some presses aren't registered at all.

No screen dimming apps (never even heard of them)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781