How Do I Connect With the ROM community to update without the original carrier's help?

tracicollins

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
How Do I Connect With the ROM community to update without the original carrier's help

Hi! I just purchased an unlocked Pantech Discover P-9090. This was originally an ATT phone but I bought the factory refurbished unlocked model. Unfortunately when they refurbished it they didn't update the operating system to the most recent one. I have Android 4.0.4 and I am discovering that many apps won't run on that version. There is an official ATT upgrade to 4.1.2 but I am a T-Mobile customer and the over the air update won't work for me. And if possible it would be nice to go even further and get to at least 4.3. I understand I need to root the phone and flash a custom rom but I have no idea where to find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated.

Traci

anon9020882

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: How Do I Connect With the ROM community to update without the original carrier's help

First of all, the brand of the phone is relatively unpopular, so i betcha, you're not gonna find any "custom" ROM for it anywhere (unless maybe you comb through the entire internet). I would also discourage trying to flash the ROM of another phone onto yours, because you might brick the device. But anyway, I'll tell you how to root the phone, for starters:
-Again, the phone is relatively unpopular, so you most definitely won't find any specific rooting steps/guide for your phone.
-You'll have to use a universal root software to do it
ex: OneclickRoot, RootGenius, Kingo ROOT
-Try your luck with those. For ROMs, there's really nothing you can do about it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma