There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it.

oddmut

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I finally caved in to ask for some help after spending hours searching the web.

Phone information:
Model number: SGH-T999
Android Version: 4.3

Problem (story and situation):
I wanted to unroot my phone so I can get OTA updates. I read all I needed to do was go in SuperSU and click "Full unroot". Well that failed me.

Odin was my source of rooting.

Solutions I tried and failed:
1. Tried reinstalling SuperSU
2. Tried removing SD card
3. Tried re-rooting
4. Tried hard resetting
5. Tried flashing to the latest firmware 4.3

After trying all of that to remove the issue when launching SuperSU "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem! If you just upgraded to Android 4.3, you need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device!", it still isn't resolved.

Any help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Try reflashing the Stock ROM again, but try updating your Samsung drivers, different cables and USB ports.

oddmut

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm fairly new to all this so:

I'm not sure how to reflash the stock ROM. Do I need to download the ROM from somewhere?

Which Samsung drivers?

Does cables and USB ports make a difference really?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can download from either sammobile or Samsung updates.

Samsung drivers for your PC. Can be found at Samsung's site.

Yes they can. Damaged cord or a USB port can make a difference.

oddmut

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm getting another issue when trying to revert to 4.0.4.

sw rev check fail fused 1 > binary 0

One guy said, "The problem is that once you install the 4.3 update you cannot use Odin to flash a downgrade ROM even an official Samsung ROM. You will need to install a custom recovery then flash a rooted rom, then use triangle away then Odin back to the 4.3 ROM" but I'm not sure where to find and what is a custom recovery and rooted rom.

Edit:
Flashing the stock rom was never an option according to the thread above. I'm guessing I'll have to flash a custom rooted rom or just a rooted rom to fix my issue?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That is true. You can only go back to 4.3+

A custom recovery is like CWM or TWRP. Where did you get your root instructions? Usually root methods involve flashing a custom recovery.

oddmut

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I got my instructions from this site and a youtube video named "How to Root Sprint/T-Mobile/AT&T Galaxy S3! [SPH-L710][SGH-T999][SGH-i747] ". I can't post the link since I'm under 10 posts.

Can you point me in a direction for CWM and TWRP. I don't know what those are. As long as I can get a ROM with a working SuperSU I should be golden from there.

oddmut

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. After watching some more videos and reading some more, I do have CWM installed along with CWM-SuperSU-v0.87. I get the issue as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I can't do anything that involves SuperSU. Installing a custom ROM would fix this SuperSU issue?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You might need to flash an updated version of SuperSU. That might be what has been holding you up the entire time.

From an AOSP M8.

oddmut

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
What's AOSP M8? I couldn't find what it is.
Is the flash method selecting the zip file to install it?

Edit:
Fixed my issue.

Last edited:

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
What's AOSP M8? I couldn't find what it is.
Is the flash method selecting the zip file to install it?

Edit:
Fixed my issue.

Its his phone, witch is a probably HTC One M8 running AOSP android he posted it from so its a AOSP M8 then :)

Anyway hope you got it fixed :)

Himanshu saxena2

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Phone information:

I wanted to unroot my phone so I can get OTA updates. I read all I needed to do was go in SuperSU and click "Full unroot". Well that failed me.

3. Tried re-rooting
4. Tried hard resetting

After trying all of that to remove the issue when launching SuperSU "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem! If you just upgraded to Android 4.3, you need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device!", it still isn't resolved.

Any help?

I found out my phone wasn't rooted as soon as i rooted my phone this error was gone just like that and after that it installed binaries so smoothly(गच्च से)

Nazrul Haque

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
After installing the Android Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) on Xiaomi Redmi 1s Armani, the Android got unrooted. I tried to install the SuperSU using TWRP in recovery mode but still it's not getting rooted. When trying to open the SuperSU getting the message "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is problem! If you upgraded to Android 5.0, you will need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device!"

Any help?

nymth

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
hi.my problem is i can't open my google play store and if i click google play saying "unfortunately,google play store has stopped and i can't open my google account saying"Could't sign in and the wifi is connect but the wifi have no blue pls help me.....sorry for my english hehehehe

Chris Putillion

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Phone information:

3. Tried re-rooting
4. Tried hard resetting

Any help?

I've tried everything and I can't root at all

apilinis

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys i have a samsung galaxy tab pro sm-t320 and i want to root it. I look for it and i think i have to root it with pc. I want to root it without pc. Its anybody who knows something about it?

Saurabh Lakhera

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it...

After reading all the reviews and watching so many videos i find a way to solve the problem of super su.
(Error message - If you just upgraded to Android 4.3, you need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device!" or
There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is problem! If you upgraded to Android 5.0, you will need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device!")
It is very simple, just download a UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46, restart your phone in recovery mode and install it.
(note : you should paste UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46 in your sd card)
Reboot your phone normally. Start supersu app or you have to download it from play store free of cost or if you already have that app update it and after that go to settings uncheck Enable Superuser and then again check it.
Now go to root checker app (if you dont have it, install it from play store) and grant permission and done.
Enjoy !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith