Am I Up To Date?

Raystr

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
Can you answer me a couple of questions if you can please...

(1) I am operating a streaming device running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 but I am sure there is a newer upgrade available to me. When I hit the "OTA " update in Android, it reports that I am up to date, is this correct please?

(2) "WHERE ON EARTH" can I download from on this site, if indeed you can?

(3) Lets say I'm running Android "Jelly Bean" - can I remove it and replace it with an even Newer Android platform, is this possible, or do I have to stick with Jelly Bean?

Hope you can help be as I am really unsure of all of this.......
Much obliged,
Raystr:):):)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
(1) I am operating a streaming device running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 but I am sure there is a newer upgrade available to me. When I hit the "OTA " update in Android, it reports that I am up to date, is this correct please?
That depends on the make and model number (nor model name like G3 or Note 4) of the phone.

(2) "WHERE ON EARTH" can I download from on this site, if indeed you can?
Download what? We don't have ROMs here, but other sites do.

(3) Lets say I'm running Android "Jelly Bean" - can I remove it and replace it with an even Newer Android platform, is this possible, or do I have to stick with Jelly Bean?
You can replace it with any version your manufacturer and carrier have provided a ROM for. Some phones are kept updated for 18 months, flagship phones may be updated for three years, or close to it. So again, it depends on the make and model of your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol