A way to connect my phone to PC for data transfer without being able to change USB settings??

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My phone (ZTE Vital/Virgin Supreme) has a broken screen and I can't really use the touchscreen at all. I want to pull all my photos off it, but I can't go into the USB settings on my phone and set it to data transfer without my touchscreen. I'm sure by default it's set to charge only. When I connect it to my PC, I don't see any data at all. Is there a way to access my phone's data somehow?

Also relevant: I apparently don't have a micro SD card. It seems I've just been using the phone's internal memory, so that is not a solution. :(

Thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) It's possible that more than the touchscreen is broken.

2) If you can see the screen, just not interact with it, get an OTG cable (the 88 cent ones are just as good as the $39.95 ones, if you don't mind not having a famous company logo on it - they're 2 connectors, a few inches of cable and about 1/4" piece of wire. No 1/4" piece of wire is worth $39 unless it's made of some super material no one has heard of yet.), plug in a USB mouse and use that as your "finger". You can move the cursor around the screen and press the buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance