S4 Active keeps turning itself off after update

Sjalabaisen

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm one of the first S4 Active retail customers, so I've had this phone for a while. No issues, happy user.

Yesterday, the phone did an automatic update. Since then, I've found an off phone in my pocket probably 10 times...no changes. Standard factory phone, no cover, no root kit, nothing.

What went wrong? Anyone experiencing something similar? How do I fix this?

Android 4.4.2

Sjalabaisen

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your welcome and for your advice!

I did the cache reset, which was done in no time. The phone did not restart automatically after that, as suggested by the t-online-FAQ. I chose "reboot device", and then it crashed. Had to turn it off and on again. Not sure yet if the issue is resolved (just got around to doing this), but there were some cryptic error codes:

P1050995.JPG
P1050996.JPG

During the last week, I was more sure than not to find the phone turned off in my pocket. So I carried it "gentler", but it still occasionally turned itself off. All after the update...isn't that odd?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As Keanu Reeves would say, "Whoa." I'm not sure what to make of those messages. Is the phone rooted? If you never rooted it, did you buy it brand new, or from someone else?

Sjalabaisen

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
It's not rooted, and I never tried - happens to be my work phone, and it came in a sealed Samsung box. I'd interpret this as illustration errors, and nothing serious, but I've never even tried to understand Android and have very limited experience with Linux.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463