Android out of the Box

GoldCrazy2

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Craig CPL290 w/4GB RAM & 4GB Storage (hard drive). It should be functionally speedy, but it is slower than a snail. I cannot find any Books on the internet (like Android For Dummies, or some such), & the Users Manual doesn't give anything worthwhile.
I'l try this again using a computer.
I found some whatchamacallit in the apps and set the cpu thingy to "performance" but it did not speed up. Cannot get the YouTube app to play any videos either. Without any legitimate info on the web on how to use it, it is nothing more than a paperweight.

At this point I do not see what all the flowery drivel is about Android. It does not perform as stated, and that includes my so-called smartphone from StraightTalk. I doubt that it will ever compete with Windows.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Craig CPL290 w/4GB RAM & 4GB Storage (hard drive). It should be functionally speedy, but it is slower than a snail. I cannot find any Books on the internet (like Android For Dummies, or some such), & the Users Manual doesn't give anything worthwhile.
I need use
I took a quick look around and find similar issues throughout the net. Although it seems to be a good device it is lacking in software design and seems to be poorly made. If this has been a consistent issue since purchase it's likely it can't be fixed. Otherwise, you can try clearing it and see if that helps. Keep in mind that it might be a temporary fix as it will again become problematic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv