Launcher Problems

Rick-Nation

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I bought an Otium V8 as my first android phone. I dislike the launcher it came with as I cannot move pages around nor add any to the home screen. But when I use a different launcher my default launcher crashes (it works for a little bit in background) and in turn my function buttons stop working (flashlight, laser pointers, etc.). The crash usually is notified when I press one of the function buttons on the side of the phone.

Model Number: TLC S931
Android Version: 4.2.2
Kernel Version: 3.4.5
Build Number: TLSJ_S931_WELCOME_(A5_82_N_NFC)_ENG_2G(4P)+W3G(3P)_V1.8_201411151812
Custom Build Version:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Are you setting the new launcher to default, and that is crashing, or is your original one crashing?

Rick-Nation

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
My original launcher is crashing while using the new launcher, the crash occurs when I press on of the function buttons (flashlight). For the buttons to work again I would have to relaunch the process or have the button work for my new launcher, both ideas I don't know how to do.

Rick-Nation

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
So, let me explain this step by step.

I downloaded a new launcher, GO Launcher.
While using GO Launcher and having the default Launcher process killed if I press the flashlight button (that is on the side of my phone) I get the message "Unfortunately the Launcher has stopped" and the flashlight will not turn on.
How can I get it to work with a new launcher? Even if I don't dismiss the original launcher (it let's the buttons work for a little while) it will eventually die and I will get the message.

Ideas? Guidance?

EDIT: Cannot post screenshot.

herrberk

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Is your new launcher a device administrator ? If not it is likely to crash. And I strongly recommend KKLauncher to you. It is flawless and you should try replacing your buttons with screen gestures so that you don't need to press them anymore. Hope this helps.

Rick-Nation

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't make sense for me, I'll try one more time.

OK, so I learned that the button on the side of my phone are called "soft buttons" or hardware buttons. There are 3 of them, PTT, laser pointer (yes, don't ask), and flashlight. It makes no sense to me to stop using these buttons.
The buttons work fine with GO Launcher while the default Launcher is running in the background, but after a while the default Launcher will quit and I will get the error. Alternatively I can also launch only GO Launcher but I will still get the error.
Is there no way for me to route these buttons through the new launcher or through a process that runs in the background? Or, if I reinstall the whole OS will it kill the buttons?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE